Newest Member

Let me be the first to welcome MR Strikehold. He has several failings and is well known as a slacker in his home town. He will be held accountable for his drunken rants here. OH by the way he runs a pretty fair sight callee Strikehold504. You might want to check it out..................if you don't have to do your taxes or go to the dentist !

Gee do we allow people like that here Jiggs? :lol::lol:

Oh goodie, now I will someone to talk to about the 82nd Airborne. As many of you alread know, my dad's unit was in direct support of the 82nd and I am always in search of more info.

So welcome Strikehold. You are in good company here! :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thanks for the welcome! Did your dad talk much about his duty near the Volturno or Naples?

As for Jiggers and Jimmy they were the only two alter boys not to go public because they liked it. I hope Jiggers is not spreading his Malarkey(Irish for Bull&*^) on this board.

Those guys are in real need of shock treatment and or a lobotomy!

Regards,

Jim

Unfortunately I don't remember much about the details anymore because he passed away when I was 12 1/2. I wish I could remember all the stories he told word for word, because he was one who DID talk about what went on.

Luckily I am in contact now with many of the 540th and I hope they can fill in a lot of the blanks for me. One of the vets just filled out my new questioneer regarding their tour of duty and it has many interesting tidbits in it. I am hoping that when the other men see what he has written, that they will be inspired and it will help to refresh their memories regarding that time period.

Welcome again and I look forward to talking to you about the 540th and the 82nd Airborne.

:drinkin:

BTW, you and I can work on shock therapy for the "boys"! :pdt12:

Marion J Chard

Thanks for the welcome!  Did your dad talk much about his duty near the Volturno or Naples?

As for Jiggers and Jimmy they were the only two alter boys not to go public because they liked it.  I hope Jiggers is not spreading his Malarkey(Irish for Bull&*^) on this board.

Regards,

Jim

Here we go with the liberal Blarney.............I mean Barney Frank style of rehtoric. I mean when Ann Coulter is your younger sister you know that dribble from a mile away.

Alter boy Alter boy????? Your the one who keeps saying its not a sin!

I am sure that Mr Knobs will be outraged at this indignation !!!

Me thinks Jim means shots and Lobster, once again a faulty product of some Parochial education system.

I am outraged and full of.................wheres that beer at?????????????

Thanks for the welcome!  Did your dad talk much about his duty near the Volturno or Naples?

As for Jiggers and Jimmy they were the only two alter boys not to go public because they liked it.  I hope Jiggers is not spreading his Malarkey(Irish for Bull&*^) on this board.

Regards,

Jim

Here we go with the liberal Blarney.............I mean Barney Frank style of rehtoric. I mean when Ann Coulter is your younger sister you know that dribble from a mile away.

Alter boy Alter boy????? Your the one who keeps saying its not a sin!

I am sure that Mr Knobs will be outraged at this indignation !!!

Me thinks Jim means shots and Lobster, once again a faulty product of some Parochial education system.

I am outraged and full of.................wheres that beer at?????????????

Jiggers,

As a BC grad nothing could shock you. My old man a Cross man told me that to get into BC you guys had to do unspeakable things with wildlife.

I don't even want to start about your pal who serves at the bar! The only bar he ever showed brilliance at had stools!

Jim

Unfortunately I don't remember much about the details anymore because he passed away when I was 12 1/2. I wish I could remember all the stories he told word for word, because he was one who DID talk about what went on.

Luckily I am in contact now with many of the 540th and I hope they can fill in a lot of the blanks for me. One of the vets just filled out my new questioneer regarding their tour of duty and it has many interesting tidbits in it. I am hoping that when the other men see what he has written, that they will be inspired and it will help to refresh their memories regarding that time period.

Welcome again and I look forward to talking to you about the 540th and the 82nd Airborne.

:drinkin:

BTW, you and I can work on shock therapy for the "boys"! :pdt12:

If anyone remembered dealing with the 504th I would love to speak to them.

Regards,

Jim

Have you checked with the British Military Police? I do believe they had lots of dealing with thje 504th.

Unk John

Really cant figure exactly just what in hell is going n here. Maybe its time for people who join here to put a little better information on their "profile". All I see for "strikehold" is some sort of a police badge. No DOB or anything else. I kinda like to have a idea of who or what I am listening to. So far strikehold, your talk does not really impress me much. But maybe I am reading you wrong. When both myself and

3-7-1 Recon joined here we both gave a complete history of service.. I have nothing but respect for people who wish to learn ww 2 history, but dont keep us in the dark..

"profiles" are easily updated or added to.

Joe:

I guess that is all our fault, so I partially take the blame. Some of us know each other from other sites such as Wild Bill Guarnere's forum and we sometimes forget and take for granted that everyone else knows what the hell is going on.

Strikehold has a great website and you can check it out here:

http://www.strikehold504th.com/

He is the son of a member of the 82nd Airborne Div, 504th PIR.

Sorry for the confusion my dear. I will try to clarify things in the future that might not make sense to folks like yourself that didn't know any of the background.

:pdt34:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  160th Engineer Combat Battalion WW II ( new member) Joe Miga 119 137,033 01-27-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: glen blasingim
  292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member) arden 617 520,107 05-15-2023, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Sir Gator
  Hello everyone from new member malcal1211 Saddleblanket 8 7,653 08-09-2015, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  New member katy 2 3,739 05-19-2015, 08:51 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  New member - Tom Caulkins son of 316th Engineer shrinemason 47 33,212 06-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  New Member- 208th EN from Art Bushon SharonC 5 5,660 05-11-2014, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  new member - father's 1374th EPD ddorrell 10 10,961 02-03-2014, 10:03 AM
  New Member - son of Veteran of 398th Joe Miga 1 3,006 02-02-2014, 12:03 PM
  another new member Ken Grano 5 5,810 01-22-2014, 06:44 AM
  New Member Hello! puggy 11 10,374 09-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Last Post: blueshockeynut