Wanting to know about my dads service while in europe

Clay,

Is Pfc. Ralph W. Butler your father? If so, he is listed on a roster assigned to Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 3rd Battalion, 253rd Infantry Regiment, 63rd Division and the 370th combat engineers. If your father's name isn't Ralph, he was not assigned to the headquarters company, only assigned to 370th.

I had joined Marion Chard's website and unfortunately misfiled an email that she had a subgroup for the 370th engineers and email addresses.

I also noted that you had posted a question regarding the Dachau Concentration camp. You father probably saw the Dachau

"The Death Train"; my father had taken several photos of this train. Google "Dachau Death Train" for photos and information.

Also, your father probably entered part of the concentration camp, I know my father did and took several photos.

Hopefully we can exchange additional information and stories regarding the 74th AAA and the 370th.

PS: presently trying to locate a copy of the 74th AAA battalion history through AHEC.

Keith,

Good morning, no my dad's name was Clayton James Butler from Nashua, NH. I have only recently learned about his possible link to Dachau thru his brothers son (his nephew and my cousin) he never spoke much about his time in the service. I know he had a best friend who went by the nickname of cookie. Also that he was in North Africa (Libya) and Sicily (Sardina). I do have pix from his time in Europe (I suppose it Europe). I know something affected him greatly from his time their. When I was drafted in "65" for Nam he cried I nhad never saw him cry before that moment. Please stay in touch. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard from Marion yesterday it has been along time 3 or 4 years since anyone contacted me regarding my posting.

Regards,

Clay Butler

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1264th Combat Engineers route through Europe Tom V 2 4,333 07-24-2019, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter