Hero's unwelcome Wounded Iraq vet jeered...

Hero's unwelcome

Wounded Iraq vet jeered at Columbia

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhatt...N#ixzz1EsyDg9VM

I already posted my feeling about this on Facebook this morning, but wanted to talk about it here too. These were my comments:

What this shows Carolyn is the maturity level (well lack of), from those students. They fail to separate the WAR from the soldiers who fight it. Same thing happened during the Vietnam War. I hated that war vehemently, but it was the war I protested; I had nothing but respect for the men who fought.

This just makes me fume. Here are a few kids who have no idea how the real world runs, as they sit in their cozy surroundings and ATTACK our fighting men and women. Yes, as I've stated over and over; you do have the right to protest, but if you are going to do so, know your facts. When you wield your signs and show only your ignorance, you do nothing to help your cause. It's an utter embarrassment.

Trust me, if we are attacked in America again, they will be the first ones yelling for help and protection from our armed forces.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

It's amazing how intolerant these "open minded" students are. There's no attempt at dialogue, just jeers and name calling. The word that comes to mind. . .Ignorance. They don't think there is anyone out there wanting to kill them? Cushy little namby-pamby college students are the exact kind of wussiness Islamic Jihadist despise. I can assure you they would have more respect for your average soldier or Marine. They can whistle their political correctness tune past the graveyard all they want, but they will soon see when more people die. Of course you would think this would have happened already with the preponderance of evidence already out there:

Lockerby bombing

'83 US embassy bombing

'83 Beruit Bombing of the Marine Barracks

'98 US embassy bombing

World trade center attack I

World trade center destruction

Pentagon

Shanksville

Kobar towers

DC Sniper

Fort Hood

Luxor

Bali night club bombing

2002 Moscow theater hostage crisis

7/7 bombings

etc.

etc.

etc.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

As Marion so politely decrees, "Please step to the head of the slappin' line!" Turns my insides as I know it does yours too.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I forgot how to read...nevermind!

One of my first thoughts was that maybe all of the lessons we should have learned in Vietnam are not so easily taught, especially when we are so spoiled. I always say it is a testament to those who have fought for us that we are able to take the rights we have in this country for granted. I just can't figure out why otherwise intelligent people can't seem to figure it out.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marines visit wounded buddies - CNN Walt's Daughter 0 3,462 03-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The 36th is coming home from Iraq Walt's Daughter 1 3,553 02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Navy SEAL cleared in Iraq abuse case Walt's Daughter 0 2,684 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
  Iraq Combat Footage: Look for America; Vietnam & World War 2 sixgun 0 3,026 08-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Capt O'Brien in Iraq part II CaptO 30 28,799 06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Last Post: 206thmpco
  U.S. Forces in Iraq Pay Tribute to Bataan Death March Victims Walt's Daughter 1 3,919 05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  34th in Iraq CaptO 2 4,526 05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
  Officials Announce Upcoming Iraq, Afghanistan Deployments Walt's Daughter 0 2,616 03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
  Rugged in Iraq Walt's Daughter 0 2,812 01-17-2009, 07:27 PM
  Capt Todd in Iraq CaptO 29 28,186 01-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Last Post: janis337