Military pay - anyone serving having problems?

I got a response back and she said two different people said it. Well I'm sorry, but two people out of millions of soldiers, don't make a scientific study. For Pete's sake.

I don't think it warranted an email bashing the government and their treatment of soldiers. Hey, everyone here knows I ain't a fan of BIG gov and all the money-spending democrats and republicans, but unless you have conclusive proof of something...

Nuff said!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

We're active, but officer country, so wouldn't have seen such a letter IF it existed.

As an officer, I can assure you it wouldn't take long to get word of a pay problem up the chain of command and to me. Marines and other servicemen are pretty content (content be defined as a constant stream of the normally accepted amount of bitching) unless you mess with their: 1)chow, 2)pay, or 3)liberty (pass in army lingo).

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

I guess your word and the word of others is not good enough for her. Evidently she got very angry, and took it out on me on Facebook last night. I had no idea she was even upset. It was not very pretty and she even brought my dead mother into it. Man! Didn't know she had that in her. It was upsetting, but I've since gotten over it. Guess you never really know someone. I sure do now. B)

:pdt34:

Marion J Chard

I guess your word and the word of others is not good enough for her. Evidently she got very angry, and took it out on me on Facebook last night. I had no idea she was even upset. It was not very pretty and she even brought my dead mother into it. Man! Didn't know she had that in her. It was upsetting, but I've since gotten over it. Guess you never really know someone. I sure do now. B)

:pdt34:

Oh Good Grief!

As for the above officer comment, I only mentioned it as it was stated that the letters were only sent to, and the issue involved enlisted pay, therefor we would not ever get a letter like that ourselves. :D

It was very, very strange.

So, it's time to do a little more weeding in my people garden...

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great military quotes? Walt's Daughter 11 25,313 04-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Christoph
  Kevin Webster - Military Artist Walt's Daughter 0 4,686 07-10-2008, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Roy Rogers -- friend of the US Military James Pickering 2 507,344 04-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Last Post: James Pickering