New To Site

Instead of 286th FA, I made a typing error and ended up giving info I had found on 268 FA Bn.

That unit is not listed in my Reference Table, either, as part of an Infantry Division.

Steve

268 FA was an independent unit, as far as I can make out. Seems they resorted under three different corps.

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. WWll Connections is able to account for every week my grandfather served. I am going to order the delux package once I finish paying for my daughters uniforms and camp. She made the high school dance team and things sure got a lot more expensive than when I was in high school. I also want to thank Stevin for the book suggestion. "On The Way: General Patton's eyes and ears on the enemy". I scaned through the book, and in the back listed the men of Battery B. There it was my grandfather's name. I was overjoyed.

Once again thank you to everyones help.

Donna

Donna:

So glad that all of us could help you out and delighted to hear that my buddy Richard was able to confirm the info on your father's unit. I thought that would be the way to go for you. Congrats! :pdt34:

Please keep us informed and I would love to create a page for your dad when you received all the related information from Richard Horrell.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shared Passion Site Running Tradition 3 4,368 05-25-2017, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  New to the site - My Uncle Gordon gregoryrw 21 19,260 05-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter