The latest including news about my father

No it went through official channels via the Army Appeals Board. :armata_PDT_19:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Found this posted online today. It is the official Army determination regarding his Purple Heart

Marion J Chard

Sorry to read the results, Marion. I don't envy the board members - they can only make their adjudications on the evidence presented and probably have to make similar notifications all the time. Damn that fire!! So much of those notifications would likely have been positive for the requestor if the evidence still existed. What a loss.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

That is a sad result when we know his history. I suppose there is no further appeal allowed?

Colin.

Thanks guys. Well, at least I explored my options and took advantage of them. Of course I wish it had turned out differently... :tearyeyed:

Todd you are right, they can only make a determination based on the evidence at hand.

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally wrote a bio for my father... Walt's Daughter 8 8,185 11-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Putting members together - Happy Father's Day! Walt's Daughter 0 3,958 06-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter