The latest including news about my father

Well the Army accepted my second submission. Got a confirmation that it went back in the queue. Now we wait again. At least I know it's being processed...

Marion, I am sorry you are having so much trouble getting what was due your father. I learned a long time ago to identify yoyrselffrom the begining and to keep complete copies of anything you send them in one file. It is so much easier to resubmit them when they need them (lost misplaced don't understand them etc.). Keep at them. Paul

Thanks for your reply and thoughts.

I did keep a copy of everything I sent them including all attachments. B) It's just that they wanted MORE. And you cannot simply re-send the original form, but must re-do it from scratch. That's simply the Army way. :o

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Got turned down FLAT on my request. No Purple Heart! :( :( :(

I am not a happy camper this morning. :( :( :(

Army's response; DENIED

Marion J Chard

Walt's Daughter' Got turned down FLAT on my request. No Purple Heart!

I am not a happy camper this morning. :( :( :(

That SUCKS, M1...So many NCO's and enlisted men in WWII never received the medals they deserved while officers were often awarded medals in a system of croanyisem which favored the sons of politicians and other silver spoon celebs that didn't do anything at all.

:bs:

That is does suck, but what can I do? As I say; it is what it is. I may not like it, but...

It sure would have made me happy to be able to do this for my dad after ALL these years. Sorry I couldn't pull it off dad. You know I tried my best!

Marion J Chard

Sorry to hear that M. DD is right, there are a lot of men that never got the recognition they deserved.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Indeed. Well this is where we pay homage to all of them!

Marion J Chard

Marion I know how much this meant to you and how much effort you have put into it. Your Dad could not have wished for more attention from his daughter and what you have done with this website in his memory is amazing. I'm sure you realise that his memory is now shared with many people every day both by members here and the many visitors. I would like to think that is some consolation.

Here is a completely "off the wall" suggestion!! 2013 is the 70th anniversary of Operstion Husky and the involvement in it of the US 36th Engineer Combat Regiment. How about holding that years 36th Reunion on Sicily in July??

I have a perfect location that I know well, between Palermo and Trapani and within reach of Licata and Gela. http://www.hotelcalamarina.it/

Maybe an "island too far" ???

Colin.

Yes, Colin, that is INDEED a consoling fact, and that does make me happy. At least he will never be forgotten thanks to my efforts and that great internet in the sky.

Phooey with the US Army and their stick in the mud ideas!!!!

I will keep on keeping on with my web efforts and with the help of my many friends to keep the memories alive for all my WWII vets. Rock on!

Sure is nice hearing from you, good friend, and that I shall always cherish.

On the other note.... Man, that sounds like fun to me!!!!! "An island too far..." I'm still laughing; love the title!!! Hmmmmm, wouldn't have to twist my arm too hard...

Marion J Chard

:banghead: Marion , I don't know where you sent your last submission. Was it to St. Louis or to the appeals board? If it was the appeals board, I would send it to your Congressperson. Good Luck. Paul

That is does suck, but what can I do? As I say; it is what it is. I may not like it, but...

It sure would have made me happy to be able to do this for my dad after ALL these years. Sorry I couldn't pull it off dad. You know I tried my best!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally wrote a bio for my father... Walt's Daughter 8 8,185 11-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Putting members together - Happy Father's Day! Walt's Daughter 0 3,958 06-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter