The latest including news about my father
It is sure in my book!
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Great stuff. Its funny that I had just run across some stories about the Greystone, Grande, and other ballrooms in the area.

We must be on the same wavelength. Great minds think alike!

:icon_pray:

Marion J Chard

Great stuff. Its funny that I had just run across some stories about the Greystone, Grande, and other ballrooms in the area.

Marion, I just read about the purple heart. As you know it should show on his discharge papers. This should make it easy to get a replacement. As you should also know.it will take up to a year or longer to get. With the budget cuts I am sure they wil do everything in their power to not make this happen. Remember you can always contact your Congressperson if you get a turndown on this. Luck Paul :readingpaper:

I saw the Chrysler commercials about the "comeback of Detroit", during the Superbowl and it reminded me of some of their previous comebacks. I had been to the Grande Ballroom a couple of times and was awestruck by the its beauty and the incredible dance floor. Someone had posted some recent pictures and it was sad to see. Looks like a war zone

Also came across a couple great Youtube videos of Bob Seger and the Last Heard

The Grande was just beautiful. It's so sad it has sat vacant for about 40 years and deteriorating day by day. I heard a rumor someone was purchasing it, but it's only a rumor. We'll have to wait and see. At least they didn't bulldoze her down. It's all so sad.

Yes, that commercial rocked. We had a bunch of people over for The Superbowl, and when it came on, a lot of us were cheering. I hope this new mayor will bring things back around. It's been a long time a comin'.

Marion J Chard

Received a response from the Army, returning my paper work to me regarding my request for my dad's purple heart. Said I needed to send them documentation regarding proof I am the daughter of Walter Poniedzialek. :huh: I wish it would have asked for that in the first place, for now I have to start from scratch again. :help:

So today I resubmitted DD Form 149, and sent additional paperwork including my birth certificate and my marriage license, etc. That should finally get me in the door. Once again I play the waiting game... :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:

Marion J Chard

Keep going after them (I know you do that).

It will pay off in the end.

And you can bet it is the same everywhere (not only in the US).

When I am going to start the procedure(s) in order to get my Fiancée here and get her a decent job ...... have the Valium and other stuff ready!

I'm gonna need them! :banghead:

Erwin

Yes, RED TAPE is present everywhere. I think the Army does an especially GOOD job at it though! :P :P

Oh, that will be fun. NOT!!!! Immigration. That should be ten times worse. I don't envy you there. :bs::o :o

Marion J Chard

Well the Army accepted my second submission. Got a confirmation that it went back in the queue. Now we wait again. At least I know it's being processed...

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally wrote a bio for my father... Walt's Daughter 8 8,186 11-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Putting members together - Happy Father's Day! Walt's Daughter 0 3,958 06-16-2013, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter