Egypt

You gotta be happy for the people of Egypt today. I think the last time this happened a guy named Moses was leading the procession. :armata_PDT_37: Well...that might be a stretch , but I'm sure happy to see the Egyption people celebrating their step toward a more democratic form of government.

Let's just hope all ends well. It will be day-to-day.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

You gotta be happy for the people of Egypt today. I think the last time this happened a guy named Moses was leading the procession. :armata_PDT_37: Well...that might be a stretch , but I'm sure happy to see the Egyption people celebrating their step toward a more democratic form of government.

Wasn't he the feller that spread some sea water to make a crossing???????

Wasn't he the feller that spread some sea water to make a crossing???????

That's the One, Rocky !

Today I stopped in at Starbucks to treat myself to a Peppermint Mocha (I have been addicted to them since Christmas!). While I was waiting, I glanced at one of the front page headlines of a newspaper which said that Egypt's newly won 'freedom' was in danger. Seems the young, educated, secular and more liberal students who were at the heart of the original uprising for democracy were being replaced by the military and a contingent of the more radical fundamentalist group known as The Muslim Brotherhood. Not good. I'm still hopeful that after the dust has settled there will be something that we can live with. Same hopes for Libya. They (Arab nations)need to continue selling us oil as badly as we need to keep buying it from them. Their only other cash crop is heroin, and that's not enough to support their economies

I am not a Polyanna, butI need to continue to hope that the future holds more promise than a global gunfight at the OK corral, with the Judeo-Christian democracies being the Earps and the Islamic nations as the Clantons. I can still see Slim Pickens riding that Nuke in Dr. Strangelove.... :readingpaper:

Still hopeful,

Ah Dr. Strangelove. Great movie.

Yes, let's hope things stabilize in Egypt. No one knows what will happen in the end, but can keep our eyes to the skies...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"