city of Luxeuil, France Commeration Ceremony For 7 Army

Marion, This is from the Watch on the Rhine Newsletter V# 92 # 4 Feb. 2011 page # 8. WW11 Vets and close next of kin of Vets who served in the 7 th Army from So. France to the Rhine and beyond are invited to be Guests of of the City of Luxeuil 2 nites in an area hotel W/ meals & take part in commeration events, parade, band concert & more. Contact by e-mail 1st Jocelyne.papelard@orange.fr 2nd eric.vandroux@libertysurf.fr Reverse the order if you want to stay more than 2 days in the area. There are a few more detail about this on other pages of this issue of the Watch. As some forum members seem to travel across the Pond if they are going to be in the area anyway. This might be a good option. I understand the French really roll out the red carpet for Vets & their families. I hope the snow is finished for the year. Paul :readingpaper:

OMG! I just read the article. How wonderful. I was telling my husband about it and he looked at me and said, "Find out how much it would cost to fly to France." I have no idea if it's even in our realm, but I am going online now to see if it's feasible. This would be a dream come true!!!

Oh here's the link boys and girls:

http://www.warfoto.com/watch_Jan-Feb%202011.pdf

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

It's not even partially feasible. Tried all airlines, etc. and it would cost around 3700.00 for round trip flight.

Well maybe in the future. This year is definitely out of the question.

One of these days I will still meet with Vee and my other friends, but it won't be 2011.

Marion J Chard

I can't remember where you are in Mi, but I found it for $812 round trip per person detroit to paris.

Really????

I (we) would either fly out of MBS or Flint (it's nearby), or if really cheaper (and sometimes is), would drive to Detroit (about two and half hours). That's where we used to live.

Marion J Chard

expedia.com

from 15-22 sept 2011

flint Mich to charles DG airport Paris is $1100 per person round trip

Well that's more like it. Hmmm, will have to do some hard thinking about this.... Thanks Caryl.

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim Hennessey to be honored at ceremony 11-11-14 Walt's Daughter 1 2,986 11-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: CaptO