Snow storm Feb 2, 2011

Well i seen worse, wind was really bad last night but it was out of the north & i think that kept us from getting more snow than we got. Hard to tell how much because of he drifting, maybe about 10 inches so far, still under blizzard warning till 7pm tonight. Had to shovel a path out to the truck to get my gloves.. grrr. thats enough shoveling for today.

naptime.... wake me up in April

post-304-1296667499_thumb.jpg post-304-1296667521_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   2_2_2011_2.jpg (Size: 191.71 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   2_2_2011_3.jpg (Size: 197.04 KB / Downloads: 0)

Count down to April...

We are closing out store at 4:00. Not enough business today to make it worth our while. So....we get a partial snow day! YEAH!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

That is SNOW Marion!

I realised last night and earlier today that parts of the US of A was getting some bad weather, as I have lost contact with a couple of friends I usually talk to on a daily basis.

Keep warm and safe all,

Colin.

I am happy I don't have to sleep outside in these weather conditions. It's hard to imagine what those men have been through 66 years ago.

It was not a picnic up on those mtns. in Italy, '43-'44. Melted snow for drinking water had packets of instant coffee and our squad carried a little Gasoline coleman stove. We took turns carrying it. Was hell in a foxhole. I thank the LORD ALMIGHTY for watching over me and for me to write this. Rocky

AMEN brother!!!!

Marion J Chard

It was not a picnic up on those mtns. in Italy, '43-'44. Melted snow for drinking water had packets of instant coffee and our squad carried a little Gasoline coleman stove. We took turns carrying it. Was hell in a foxhole. I thank the LORD ALMIGHTY for watching over me and for me to write this. Rocky

If you watch the Band of Brothers episode when they arrive in Bastogne I really like 1 quote. "Were are we?" other guy: "We sure ain't in hell ... it's too damn cold".

Later I heard that someone (sorry for don't remembering the name of the veteran) said that he couldn't believe it was that cold in hell.

I am happy you survived Rocky and still here with us to share your stories etc. We can only imagine how it was and even then it must have been much worser.

All the best to you,

Frank

If you watch the Band of Brothers episode when they arrive in Bastogne I really like 1 quote. "Were are we?" other guy: "We sure ain't in hell ... it's too damn cold".

Later I heard that someone (sorry for don't remembering the name of the veteran) said that he couldn't believe it was that cold in hell.

I am happy you survived Rocky and still here with us to share your stories etc. We can only imagine how it was and even then it must have been much worser.

All the best to you,

Frank

Band of Brothers is a movie, I don't watch those kind. Of course my situation was a lot different than that of Bastogne. Up on the mtns. was not the same.

Bottom line is this; it was hell for everyone that winter, whether in Bastogne, Phillipsbourg, or the mountain cities of Italy. No one should have had to experience that, and how can we compare one to the other? As been said; ALL WAR IS HELL!

Marion J Chard

Why is it that in every war there seems to be "the worst winter in recorded history" (e.g. 1812 in Russia, Valley Forge, Battle of the Bulge, Chosin Reservoir, etc)?

It's about 40 this morning here in Georgia (don't throw snow balls at me! it aint my fault!) but my siblings and sister-in-law in Dallas and Fort Worth are now missing their 3rd day in a row. That's gonna suck come Spring Break when they have to make up all of their missed days.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Bottom line is this; it was hell for everyone that winter, whether in Bastogne, Phillipsbourg, or the mountain cities of Italy. No one should have had to experience that, and how can we compare one to the other? As been said; ALL WAR IS HELL!

Amen--"WALTS' Daughter", I know that you know someone PERSONALY that was in that mess also !!!!!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011 West Virginia University Marching Band Armed Forces Salute sixgun 1 2,720 12-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Ice Storm Wendy 3 3,422 02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  WINTER OF 2010/2011 afc7883 4 4,689 01-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  HELLO 2011 afc7883 0 2,054 01-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Last Post: afc7883