36th ENGR and 36th Inf Div near the MOSELLE river

Here are some reenacting pictures of me and a friens near the MOSELLE river. :pdt20:

We are at NOIRGUEUX where the 141st Infantry Regiment of the 36th "Texas" Division crossed the Moselle. :14_2_107:

p1060422f.th.jpg__p1060427y.th.jpg

p1060460.th.jpg__p1060496.th.jpg__p1060500.th.jpg

Here is my pix blog (unfinished, I've no time to make it, sorry ^^)

http://soldiertom.skyrock.com/

C'est merveilleux. It is great to see re-enacting Seahorses. Thank you so much for spreading the history of the 36th (both of them)!

Hey would your group be interesting in sharing some video footage for the documentary? Let me know. Maybe we can arrange something.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

C'est merveilleux. It is great to see re-enacting Seahorses. Thank you so much for spreading the history of the 36th (both of them)!

Thank you so much :) but we are proud of doing this

Hey would your group be interesting in sharing some video footage for the documentary? Let me know. Maybe we can arrange something.

Yes sure, what type of video ??

Let me get back with you and I will tell you some of my ideas via email.

I've been trying to get re-enactors to send me some footage for a while, but we never seem to get to that point. What I am basically looking for is any type of action footage. Even simply film of walking through a wooded area, going on patrol, setting in a foxhole, etc.

I would use maybe a few seconds here and there, in the documentary, and would probably convert it at my home studio, to black and white. I thought it would be a nice touch.

Oh, I am going to post your blog on the main site in a few minutes, in the Re-enactor's section.

Marion J Chard

I've been trying to get re-enactors to send me some footage for a while, but we never seem to get to that point. What I am basically looking for is any type of action footage. Even simply film of walking through a wooded area, going on patrol, setting in a foxhole, etc.

I would use maybe a few seconds here and there, in the documentary, and would probably convert it at my home studio, to black and white. I thought it would be a nice touch.

Understood ; I will see if me and my friends can do something like that but I'm not sure that all of us can wear the seahorse patch -_- (we are only three to got it)

Oh, I am going to post your blog on the main site in a few minutes, in the Re-enactor's section.

Thanks for all :icon_pray:

I understand about the limited numbers. That is fine. Even if I get ONE shot of the patch, that would be good enough. It's mainly the FEEL I am going for. I am looking for even seconds of footage in various seasons too. Snow "shots" would be superb too.

Thanks again in advance.

Also would appreciate if I could use some of your various still images. Of course credit would be given at the end of the production.

Marion J Chard

I understand about the limited numbers. That is fine. Even if I get ONE shot of the patch, that would be good enough. It's mainly the FEEL I am going for. I am looking for even seconds of footage in various seasons too. Snow "shots" would be superb too.

Thanks again in advance.

Hello Marion !! I'm actually seeing with my friend how we could make some video shortcuts of reenacting in Vosges mountains. Please tell me what type of videos do you want for your documentary.

I've also think about : patrol in woods, discussing near a river or a road, cleaning weapons and discussing around a table with some Cognac and tobacco for Christmas (lol) :pdt12: , maybe combat (I'm not sure to do this because it's a little more difficult)

Here you can find some videos you can use : http://www.youtube.com/user/lexlo10

I will send you by mail his personnal adress to ask him the real videos (not the youtube's ones).

Also would appreciate if I could use some of your various still images. Of course credit would be given at the end of the production.

Sure you can use them !! Pick them up in my blog, my Facebook profile or ask me by mail to have the real pix with high quality (I think it's better for your documentary).

---------------------------------

Yesterday I take some pictures with an old "Cat" especially for you :armata_PDT_01:

lostbattalion002.th.jpg__lostbattalion006.th.jpg

and some in the 36th Division Lost Battalion area with my friend Michael :

lostbattalion021.th.jpg__lostbattalion024.th.jpg

lostbattalion057.th.jpg__lostbattalion052.th.jpg__lostbattalion070.th.jpg

Hey Tom:

I think we are on the "same page". GREAT!

Yes, those are the types of things I am looking for. Perfect. And I appreciate you letting me use some of your photographs for the documentary. Thank you and the rest of the re-enactors.

I will look forward to the email and further discussions.

:armata_PDT_37:

Marion J Chard

Forgot to says thanks for the CAT too. Those rock!

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Rugged Few - 36th Combat Engineers LHG Razorback 10 12,900 03-16-2018, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Gilles and the 36th Engineers Walt's Daughter 0 3,231 03-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter