Hello, just getting started

Don't suppose you have the 280th's insignia in there do you? I THINK I have it, I'm just curious what's in your little black book :P

Hello,

my name is Larry Heck. My grandfather was Clayton Runnions, he was in Co. F 344th engineers, general service. I know that he was with the 5th army, 7th army and the VI corps. He was in the batles and Campaigns in : Rhineland, Rome-Arno, Napples-Foggia, Northern France, and Central Europe. Does anyone know of the 344th?

My dad was in e 344th Engineering General Service Regiment in Company D. There is approximately 320 pages of unit history for this unit's service during World War II at the National Archives in College Park, MD. I will be going there next month to view the materials that their librarian made me aware of based on written inquiry. I could tell you a gosod bit based on my past year of research. What exactly are you looking for?

Rick Elverson Son of William F Elverson

Amherst, NH

Don't suppose you have the 280th's insignia in there do you? I THINK I have it, I'm just curious what's in your little black book :P

In fact we have the 280th's DUI right here on the forum:

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/engforum/index.php?showtopic=6350

Scroll all the way down and see embedded attachment.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Rick, so nice to see you hear. Enjoyed chatting with you via email.

You must be so excited about going to Maryland. That's great. I know how excited I was when I received all the documents for the 540th.

Have fun and good luck.

My dad was in e 344th Engineering General Service Regiment in Company D. There is approximately 320 pages of unit history for this unit's service during World War II at the National Archives in College Park, MD. I will be going there next month to view the materials that their librarian made me aware of based on written inquiry. I could tell you a gosod bit based on my past year of research. What exactly are you looking for?

Rick Elverson Son of William F Elverson

Amherst, NH

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yup, That's what I've got! Thanks for confirming it.