Merry Christmas everyone...

Thanks, Marion, I had some time to kill .... ;)

Erwin

Well we just opened up our first present of the day. We decided to stretch it out over the morning and not open them all at once. Something different.

Of course I already got an early present, my 24 inch flat-screen monitor, from my hubby. It was supposed to be a surprise for today, but has been on my desk for a week and half. We switched shifts in the store a while back, and I was out there in the morning, and Lee and our buddy John were working on a project together in the house, building our new bedroom closets. So the UPS man arrived with a LARGE package, and it wasn't in a brown box, just the original packaging. Well...

I didn't open it and was going to save it for Christmas morning, and finally after a few days Lee said to me, "Would you open it already???!!!" Oh okay, twist my arm. I gotta tell you, the UPS guy felt so bad. He must have apologized three of four times over the next several days. :armata_PDT_23: Poor guy! "Sorry for ruining your Christmas", he chimed. Oh don't be silly I said, how were you supposed to know. Poor Lee, he's always out in the store in the morning, and of course THAT morning... :clappin2:

Oh and I must thank VEE, for Lee opened his first present of the morning, and yes, I bought him a signed photo from "The Pacific". He loved it. I told him, well you have to thank VEE, for she turned me onto the site. So Lee says, merci!! Cool gift.

Gotta run, have fun everyone. Merry Christmas. Love to all!!!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Well, for me it is one of the best Christmas Days I ever had.

I got a very excited Fiancée (Bianca) on the phone telling me how she loved the presents I sent her (among them Belgian chocolate and cookies).

We had a very long talk and at some point it got a little emotional but sooooo heartwarming.

Heck, this beats presents and the like by lightyears. :)

I got some nice presents from her too, one being a very special one, and she also sent my mother a nice scarf and a hat together with a nice card.

I hope the next Christmas she will be with me ....

Erwin

Nothing quite as nice as being in love, and being loved in return during the Christmas season. :love: God Bless the two of you and I wish you a long and happy life together!

Thank you very much.

I hope I'll be able to post a photo of us together soon.

Erwin

148th Eng Christmas greeting!

post-2-1293549657_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   148th__Christmas.jpg (Size: 167.53 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merry Christmas 2022 CaptO 0 882 12-26-2022, 08:50 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Walt's Daughter 21 28,580 12-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from me to all of you! Walt's Daughter 15 16,267 01-01-2015, 10:55 AM
  Photos Christmas during WWII sixgun 14 12,069 01-05-2014, 10:14 PM
  Merry Christmas to everyone sixgun 5 5,531 12-26-2013, 11:23 AM
  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! Walt's Daughter 5 5,823 12-15-2013, 07:34 PM
  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Happy New Year Walt's Daughter 11 10,266 12-30-2012, 01:29 PM
  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Walt's Daughter 22 19,082 01-03-2012, 08:33 AM
  Christmas in April???? Walt's Daughter 3 4,003 04-13-2011, 09:29 AM