Bastogne anniversary 2010

Well Jim, I love to share pictures with you. I know some of you won't be able to visit so that's a reason for me to share them so you can see how it is/was.

Well Jim, I love to share pictures with you. I know some of you won't be able to visit so that's a reason for me to share them so you can see how it is/was.

Great Photos Frank :armata_PDT_37: , if I only think about sleeping in those conditions in a hole in the wood, damn what have they endured :pdt: .

I was in Bastogne the 12 December, do to the commemoration I was stuck for half an hour near the McAuliffe place finally I got a parking place near the railroad station, my boy and myself had a great day and I was happy to see that the Belgian are still celebrating their liberators.

We saw running tanks, trucks and we could visit the basement where General McAuliffe had his command post.

I've shot a lot of photos to, for those who want can watch them here

https://picasaweb.google.com/rennog/Bastogne12122010#

Running Sherman

https://picasaweb.google.com/rennog/Bastogn...863147594427458

On this photos the reenactors gave candy's to the kids and that reminded me on my dad who told me when I was around 6 or 7 that the Gi's always gave them chocolate and chewing gum :14_2_108:

post-37-1298117517_thumb.jpg

Martin

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0901.JPG (Size: 214.15 KB / Downloads: 0)

Great pic's Frank and Martin !! I'm so jealous :armata_PDT_19: !!

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful photos .

Vee ;)

Those were some very cool pics. Man, it sure looked cold that day. It fit, n'est pas? The guys in the vehicles were all bundled up, and the snow on the jeep, etc. It lent a real feel for the period.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

WOW ! I was actually surprised when I saw snow in the picture! I've been dealing with hot weather here for so long, I forgot Europe is still in Winter. ::Long day::

What an amazing experience, thank you for the pictures!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  70th Anniversary of Doolittle's Raiders Walt's Daughter 1 4,237 04-18-2017, 01:16 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  Battle for Bastogne 1944 sixgun 1 3,704 03-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Last Post: rennog