1058th pc&r or port construction and repair group

On 7/25/2018 at 5:22 PM, C Sloan said:

Looks like this area has been quiet for a while.  But for anyone out there my father, Donald Sloan, was a Master Sargent in the 1058 PC&R .  His photo album from WWII starts with pictures  from Wales, then on to Cherbourg, Remouchamps, Remagen, Antwerp, Marseilles and ends with the Philippines.    I was elated to find this site since for years I was unable to find out anything about the 1058 PC&R.  This site has helped me put the puzzle together in a way that makes a more complete picture. Now the stories I heard growing up can be put in some order.    

Glad to hear from you. My father, Walter N.P. Curlock was with the 1058th PC &R Group throughout. I have quite a bit of info on the 1058th as I hired a researcher 2 years ago to retrieve the units reports and all other pertinent information on the 1058th PC & R Group. They were involved in many battles and campaigns most notable was the Battle of the Bulge and the repair and ultimate collapse of the Ludendoroff Bridge at Remagen.  I have many pictures but cannot identify where some were taken. You can read about the Ludendorff Bridge along with videos on Utube and various newspaper articles published in Stars and Stripes which I have if you would like could email them to you.

I too have some stories and would enjoy trading them with you as my father passed in 1991 and didn't talk much about his experiences in WWII.

One reason you cannot find out much about the 1058th is because they were often attached to other units. 

Messages In This Thread
1058th pc&r or port construction and repair group - by Curlock - 07-27-2018, 11:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to the Group! Deborah Gregory 2 3,361 10-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Hi All! - 1139th Combat Engineering group Nancy Beller 10 12,432 01-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter