Carl Furtado in hospital

So glad to hear!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Man, when it rains it pours. Another one of my buddies is in the hospital. Got this at midnight last night. Thank you Ted for getting in touch with me.

As many of you know, Carl is one of my "BESTEST" buddies in the world. Carl was one of the vets who attended the convention with me at Fort Hood last year. He is a great friend and a second father to me. Get well buddy, we still have a lot of partying to do!!!

:drinkin:

This is Carl, back on the computer and getting connected with people again. First I would like to thank all of you that have kept me in your thoughts and prayers and believe me I appreciate all your kind thoughts and words.

I can't believe how well I feel and getting better every day. Had my first and last appointment with the doctor that did the heart surgery, and as he thought I was doing just great, he is turning me over to my heart doctor to take over. He even told me that I could drive again, but I don't think I am ready for that just yet. The other good news was that I could go back to drinking regular coffee again, instead of that decaffeinated coffee that didn't taste as good as the real thing.

Regards,

Carl

YEAH BUDDY! So good to have you back and great talking with you on the phone today. Ah, my heart is healed as well.

:huggybears:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Carl I'm happy you are still doing great. Let's hear a big round of applause for all the docs and nurses at the hospital. We are very grateful to all of them.

:clappin2:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I am sorry for not sending my best wishes to you but I am really happy you're no longer in the hospital and feeling better.

All the best to you,

Frank

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The passing of Carl Furtado - 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 16 16,113 12-08-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Thoughts and Prayers for Carl Furtado - 36th Engineer Walt's Daughter 13 12,262 02-16-2016, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  Carl (Bud) Black)87th Inf.Div. Emerson_Bigguns 5 6,718 08-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Bill Douglass in hospital - 1301st engineer Walt's Daughter 5 6,219 12-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Last Post: colinhotham
  Papa Art in hospital Walt's Daughter 5 6,036 03-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Last Post: rennog