Condolences - Eloise Mary Duncan

I wish to express my condolences to the family and friends of Eloise Mary Duncan. She was the beloved wife of Cliff Duncan, 540th Combat Engineer who is featured in my documentary.

I was also informed Cliff is not doing well health-wise either. I am very saddened by the latest news. :(

---------------------------------------

Eloise Mary Duncan PDF Print E-mail

Written by provided to Sentinel-Tribune

Wednesday, 17 November 2010 09:19

Duncan-Obit-PhotoEloise Mary Duncan, age 90, of Pemberville, Ohio, passed away on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 at Bridge Hospice Care Center, Findlay, OH.

On March 2, 1920 she was born to Henry and Mary (Aufderstasse) Smearsoll in Pemberville, OH. She married Clifford Duncan on October 28, 1941 in Pemberville and he survives.

Eloise was a cashier for Bank of Wood County, Bowling Green Banking and for 30 years worked at the Citizens Savings Bank, Pemberville, OH, and retired as assistant vice president.

Her memberships include: life member of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Pemberville, OH and past President of Pemberville Auxiliary American Legion Freedom Post #183.

Eloise is survived by her husband of 69 years: Clifford, son: Dallas (Betty Lou) Duncan of Howey-in-the-Hills, FL, daughter: Linda (Gerald) Bechstein of St. John, VI, 2 grandchildren and 1 great-grandson.

She was preceded in death by her parents, brother: Paul Smearsoll, sisters: Esther Avers and Anna Avers.

Friends and family will be received on Thursday, November 18, 2010 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Marsh Funeral Home, 4094 State Route 105, Pemberville, OH. Funeral services will be conducted on Friday, November 19, 2010 at 1 p.m. from Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Pemberville, OH. Officiating will be Rev. Matthew Musteric. There will be a bereavement luncheon served at the church immediately following the funeral services. Interment will be private in Pemberville Cemetery.

Considerations for memorial contributions are: Bethlehem Lutheran Church and Bridge Home Health and Hospice, Bowling Green, OH.

Those wishing to express a word of encouragement, share a memory or photo may do so at www.marshfuneralhomes.com.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell Cliff Duncan - 540th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 2 3,713 01-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Condolences to Ray Repasky and his family Walt's Daughter 0 2,795 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
  Condolences to the family of Nicholas A Arrigo Walt's Daughter 0 2,644 04-25-2009, 09:33 PM