Farewell, Marine

This is very well done. I only takes about 4 or so minutes.

http://00f2630.netsolhost.com/farewellmarine.html

Todd it is a long time since a tear came to my eye, but you are right that is beautifully done by someone who cares. For some years now I have been paying homage to those lost in WWII, but we must remember that conflicts still mean we lose good men and true. I pay tribute from the UK to those across the ocean who fight alongside us in a common cause. We will remember them.

Colin. Son and grandson of Marines.

God bless you I'm crying right now. Semper fedelis

Vee

I would also like to extend my well wishes and respect to those in all of our Allied forces who are fighting and dying for the cause of liberty. I was honored to see my Marines, after the initial Iraqi invasion, restoring the Kut Cemetery for British soldiers killed during WWI.

IQ-Kut%20War%20Cem.cut.JPGIQ-Kut%20War%20Cem2.cut.JPGIQ-Kut%20War%20Cem4.cut.JPGIQ-Kut%20War%20Cem3.cut.JPGIQ-Kut%20War%20Cem5.cut.JPG

Also, the Navy and the locals got into it:

393px-US_Navy_030507-N-2517J-003_A_Builder_3rd_Class_Clifford_Ainsworth_assigned_to_Naval_Mobile_Construction_Battalion_One_Thirty_Three_(NMCB-133)_helps_Iraqi_men_lift_a_concrete_cross_constructed_by_Petty_Officer_Clifford,_onto_its.jpg

Caption from Wikipedia: Al Kut, Iraq (May 7, 2003) -- A Builder 3rd Class Clifford Ainsworth assigned to Naval Mobile Construction Battalion One Thirty Three (NMCB-133) helps Iraqi men lift a concrete cross constructed by Petty Officer Clifford, onto its pedestal in the Al Kut Cemetery, Iraq. NMCB-133 is restoring the British cemetery to show respect for the families of our comrades who were buried there during WW I. U.S. Navy Naval Mobile Construction Battalions (NMCBs) provide responsive military construction support to Navy, Marine Corps and other forces in military operations, construct base facilities and conduct defensive operations. NMCB-133 is in Iraq to provide construction support to coalition forces and provide humanitarian aid to the Iraqi people. U.S. Navy photo by Photographer’s Mate 2nd Class Jacob Johnson. (RELEASED)

The USMC has always had a close tie to the British Royal Marines. We had a Color Sergeant as our unarmed combat instructor at OCS - he was very good!

Also of interest is the amount of soldiers in Afghanistan and from the different countries from which they come. Here are the top 5:

US: 90,000

UK: 9500

Germany: 4341

France: 3850

Italy: 3688

NATO_OEF_Placemat_Nov_10.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   NATO_OEF_Placemat_Nov_10.pdf (Size: 239.43 KB / Downloads: 0)
Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. Marine Corps Tribute sixgun 0 2,437 04-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Farewell Marine sixgun 3 5,319 02-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas