Remembrance Day 11/11/2010

Was thinking about the veterans yesterday almost all day long. What have they done for us, what have they been through. All that with one mission ... peace. Thank you sooooo much for your duty.

Rocky, sounds like you had quite a day. A great day! That makes me happy. I'm sure your contributions to the events were appreciated my all who were there.

A big Amen brother!

Hugs,

Maid Marion

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

In just over an hours time I will be leaving for the annual Remembrance Sunday ceremony at the now closed RAF Blakehill Farm, a few miles from here. We will be honouring all the British, Canadian, USA and other Allied servicemen that were involved in D-Day operations by C47 and gliders from there and elsewhere in 1944.

Colin. :1032:

We look forward to your report on the day. Thank you for attending and remembering.
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

We were lucky, the rain held off till after the ceremony as I was on my way home. As usual a good attendance, around 40 people who were prepared to stand in the cold and honour those who died in the service of their countries.

A short service and address followed by laying of wreaths ending with the words - We will remember them.

The pictures show the two cairns giving details of the organisations serving at RAF Blakehill Farm in 1944.

Colin.

post-867-1289765546_thumb.jpg

post-867-1289765572_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   js640_101_0795.jpg (Size: 90.63 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   js640_101_0796.jpg (Size: 95.05 KB / Downloads: 0)