Camp near Siegberg Germany?

Christoph this really is another "unbelievable discovery by Christoph"!!

I am eager to slowly go through it over and over again!

THANK YOU so much for sharing this!!!

Jean

Some days ago there were two articles in Siegburg's newsletter "Siegburg aktuell":
http://www.siegburg.de/stadt/newsletter/nl/60176/newsletter.html (please add the last "l" manually to the URL,

http://www.siegburg.de/stadt/newsletter/nl/60222/newsletter.html I have some problems with the editor)

Guidry's daughter Elizabeth and her husband visited Hellenthal and Siegburg earlier this year and met Jan Gerull, the author of the articles, and also Siegburg's mayor Franz Huhn, see the photo of the second article.

I met Jan today for the first time and didn't know he wrote the articles, I only guessed he might be the Jan Jean mentioned in an e-mail. He was quite surprised to meet someone who already knew something about the story :-)

Christoph

Fantastic!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hello Christoph!

It is so incredible to know you and your wife are basically everywhere!

Maybe this new Siegburg contact, Jan Gerull, will provide you and thus us some new information! He had to be shocked that you knew so much and already knew about the visit!

It is so frustrating that all of this Siegburg and Abbey/Lazzarett info still remains hidden away....

You have performed so many miraculous deeds over the years with regards to this absolutely impossible Siegburg research and I can not Praise or Thank You enough!!!

I am so fortunate to have you in my life!

Jean

SWEET!

Marion J Chard

Good Morning,

Been reading this forum topic with interest because Edwin J. Guidry was my Uncle by marriage and 3 of his five daughters live near me in Reserve, LA. We are actually very close and I think of them as my other sisters. I was wondering why the post by Jean Jacobson stopped and if she completed her research. All of you on this forum have done a great job to keep the History of WWII alive. Thanks. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Merry Christmas to you and a very Happy New Year. You can contact Jean directly by clicking on her USERNAME, any time you are logged in. I'm sure she'd love to hear from you.

Enjoy!

Marion J Chard

A happy and peaceful new year! The last year passed so fast, and without anything new to this topic.

Christoph

Hello Christoph! And Thank You for sending me the email just a little while ago!

And Hello to the nephew of Edwin Guidry!

Yes, I seem to have just disappeared but not because I wanted to. Life got very complicated and I had to focus on several things first. I am so eager to be back full time on this research but still using my will power to get some of these other things done.

I did have a chance to get to meet one Guidry daughter and her husband. They are terrific folks and while they knew little to nothing about Guidry in the War they are now working on the research - they stopped at the Eisenhower Museum and with the information from the Hodges Diary - really proving the fact and time frame when Dad and Guidry met up with the Allies - they were able to specifically find documentation for where this location was.- Meindorf. That is all I know - I do not have any documentation or information as to what else they found this summer when they were doing the research.

This couple is doing a lot of traveling and they might be on the road now... This is the couple that provided me with that phenomenal and priceless picture of my Dad and Guidry. I carry a small version of it with me everywhere. I also met another daughter and her husband in New Orleans - again terrific people!

I was eager to tell you Meindorf was the supposed location and see what you thought Christoph, but I was hoping to have some documentation to provide.

I would love to come to the town, and meet you there, and try to figure out the logistics of everything. It would be best if we have that documentation and then more from the debriefing - I am still leaning towards it being Collins who did the debriefing... I know one day we will do this.

Oh how I want to just indulge myself full time at the Archives... but again must wait. I can only imagine that if Larry the Legend had not passed away, between the 2 of you, you would have figured all of this out - and in addition found every prisoner that ever passed through the Abbey! You both were Absolutely Amazing with all of the incredible work that you did.

Christoph, I hope your entire family is doing great! More to follow...

And again, Hello to another Guidry family member!

Jean

Happy New Year Jean!!!!

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camp Edwards 1940-1945 arve 11 18,973 02-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Lamsdorf: Stalag VIIIB 344 Prisoner of War Camp 1940 - 1945 Walt's Daughter 1 3,289 11-14-2014, 08:00 AM
  Viele Grüße aus Much Germany Walt's Daughter 2 6,114 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM
  'Great Escape' prison camp veterans Walt's Daughter 2 4,423 01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
  WW II vet held in Nazi slave camp breaks silence Walt's Daughter 0 3,107 11-28-2008, 08:15 AM
  Occupation Duty, Germany, late 1945 curtdol 4 7,575 09-02-2005, 06:15 PM