Camp near Siegberg Germany?

Sorry I have not been able to write. Actually sorry too that my research had to slow down.

My Mom is not doing well. Very difficult.

I am in touch with Rocky on a regular basis and he says it is 'Cold' where he is! We are quite warm here!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Jean

I have started to post more again, but sometimes it's tough. I try and touch base as often as I can, but since I am involved in so many projects, it gets harder for me to be around all the time. It's just not the forum, but lately I am inundated with email from veterans and their families (not that I am complaining), but it gets harder and harder to keep up. :pdt: After Christmas I need to go through every piece of email from the last several weeks, and try and get caught up. Whoa!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Oh, sorry to hear about your mom.

Marion J Chard

Marion, I do not know how you handle all of the interaction. It is spectacular that you do it!

I have a couple of guys I talk to basically everyday, but so many more I want to call more often.

We started on a project and it has just kept rolling and now at a stage to have a Booth at CES 2014 in Jan. Once that is over hope to get back on my Siegburg research. I know the clock is running. Plus, I want to see what I can find in Germany - who knows what stories the descendents have everywhere - Germany, USA etc.

I wonder how Christopher is doing. So glad Rokn Rocky, Larry the Legend, checks in with me periodically with the cutest very cryptic hilarious responses. What a joy to have met him on your site!

Today the antibiotics working well on Mom - Thank You for your concern.

Jean

Thanks for the update on your mom. Good to hear.

Yes, projects have a way of getting away from us. One day you have an idea, then - BAMM! That's what happened to me.

Wanna laugh? When I first added on this forum to the regular site, I though it would go nowhere. Really. At first we two or three people, for the longest time. I thought heck, if we wind up with ten or more, I would be thrilled. Well we got a few more, then it stagnated and then I woke up one morning, and well...the rest is history. Never, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think this would have happened. :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:

Marion J Chard

Walter, Mary and You, Marion, made this whole thing happen!!! I can never say enough Thank You's to each of you!

And where would we be without Christoph!!!!! What a Great Human Being!!!!!

And then Rokn Rocky, Larry the Legend, showed up, another Great Human Being and he put his foot on the pedal and we just kept on going!

And then we lost Norton!!!

But I am convinced, in honor of all of these men, that one day we will be able to tell the lost story of our little Ole Lazarett at Siegburg. But much more work is ahead....

Jean

SWEET!!!

:wub:

Marion J Chard

Happy new year! I hope you're all well or better!

As I haven't heard anything from Siegburg's Archive, I opened a request on Facebook in the local group "Du kommst aus Siegburg, wenn ..." and asked if anybody knows anything. Facebook's taget Group is different, but who kows! Jean, have you got my facebook request?

Christoph

Siegburg's Mayor (or his Team) posted this photo of 1944! of the abbey today on Facebook. Unfortunately the 'wrong' side without Rosengarten.

Christoph

post-1242-0-98162600-1389909611_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   siegburg 1944.jpg (Size: 72.06 KB / Downloads: 0)

Ah, but moving in the right direction...

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camp Edwards 1940-1945 arve 11 19,235 02-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Lamsdorf: Stalag VIIIB 344 Prisoner of War Camp 1940 - 1945 Walt's Daughter 1 3,342 11-14-2014, 08:00 AM
  Viele Grüße aus Much Germany Walt's Daughter 2 6,170 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM
  'Great Escape' prison camp veterans Walt's Daughter 2 4,488 01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
  WW II vet held in Nazi slave camp breaks silence Walt's Daughter 0 3,145 11-28-2008, 08:15 AM
  Occupation Duty, Germany, late 1945 curtdol 4 7,662 09-02-2005, 06:15 PM