Thoughts and prayers for Russ Weiskircher

Yay!!! Glad to hear!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Well another setback. Sigh! The latest...

If this is a repeat, shoot me. Just wanted to tell you that today I had a stress test, an ekg, an echo kg and a detailed heart exam and I have cardiac clearance for no more than 2 hours sedation; so the surgery at Emory is scheduled for Feb 14th. It will be out patient type surgery and I will be gone from about 7 a.m. to home around 4 or 5 p.m. Jane will be home on her couch, with phone, food and company to sit with her. Stress enough for both of us but unavoidable. Please keep us in your prayers.

Powerful medicine!! Russ Weiskircher

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

You'll have prayers said for you here at sea, sir!

Oh man. Heard from a relative of Russ's. Oh man...Please keep Russ in your thoughts and prayers. He has gone through so much. :tearyeyed:

Hello,

My name is Duane Weiskircher. I'm the Atlanta nephew of Russ and Jane Weiskircher. I found this email list from a message Russ sent earlier this year so I hope this update is correctly addressed and welcome.

Russ had a seven hour surgery Friday April 26, to remove his voice box. The surgery went very well and his condition improves daily. Emory Midtown is just a few miles from my home I've been able to visit daily. Russ and I have called Jane from the hospital and have found her well.

Russ is frustrated, completely without speech, but quite strong. He should be fitted with a electronic larynx in the coming weeks and will make do with a legal pad and very bad charades until then.

He will be released from Emory 1 PM today May 6, and travel 100 miles by ambulance to Mountain Lakes Medical Center in Clayton GA. It is a small rehab hospital that should be a good step between surgery and home. His two week follow-up visit with his surgeon should be the next milestone towards recovery.

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes.

Duane

Marion J Chard

It's been a struggle, but perhaps this will keep him out of the hospital for a while. I pray he bears the loss of his natural voice well.

Finally, still no voice but am trying to learn to speak again. Thanks for your support then and now. More later, Russ
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts and Prayers for Carl Furtado - 36th Engineer Walt's Daughter 13 12,026 02-16-2016, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  Thoughts and Prayers for Harold Whiting and Jim Hennessey Walt's Daughter 1 3,136 04-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  Thoughts and prayers for Johnny Thompson - 341st Engineer Walt's Daughter 8 7,654 03-12-2015, 07:43 PM
  Thoughts and Prayers for John Fallon - his wife passed away Walt's Daughter 2 3,487 10-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Last Post: mgjohnson
  Thoughts and prayers for Chucktoo! Walt's Daughter 8 7,659 02-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Thoughts and prayers for Armonde Casagrande Walt's Daughter 0 1,989 03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Tony Stefanelli Walt's Daughter 0 2,157 09-20-2011, 12:35 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Captain Bob Peniston Walt's Daughter 1 3,629 08-09-2011, 07:29 PM
  Thoughts and prayers for Harold Whiting Walt's Daughter 0 2,257 09-03-2010, 08:01 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Tom Nokes Walt's Daughter 1 2,938 02-18-2010, 10:40 AM