Request from Katie

Hello Marion,

I ran across your site as I was trying to find a song that my grandfather used to sing to my mother and her best friend when they were little. They can't remember the name of the song, but recalled the lyrics being about a man who marries his "dream woman", and as she starts taking off her make up etc, he realizes she's not so "dreamy". I don't know if it's a WWII song, but thought I would start looking in this era. Does that sound familiar by any chance?

My grandfather, Amos Casada, was a paratrooper in WWII. He was with Co. C, 501st Prcht Infantry, 101st Airborne Division. I saw that people have been posting where they served, or where their families served. If you happen to run across anyone who might have served with my grandfather, I would love to get in touch with them!

Thank you,

Katie White

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Katie: I have a 501st friend named Johnny Cipolla, he has mentioned your grand father in a few stories to me. Johnny has written a book, A Long Way From Home, in this book he recounts these stories. Johnny has said on more than one occasion that he doesn't know what happened to Amos or "Emmo" and he says it with such sadness. I spoke to Johnny yesterday, he said that he would like to speak with you, and tell you about his times with your grand father. Your grand father helped him out of a few jams during their time in training and in the war, and I think that he has some good stories to tell you. If you are interested in contacting Johnny he told me to that it would be fine to give you his contact information. I can be contacted through the members section.

All the Best to You and Yours,

Stephanie

Stephanie:

I am going to put you in touch with her, directly. Sending you her email addy, so let us know what transpires. Eager to follow this.

All the best,

Marion

Marion J Chard

Marion:

I just want to say thank you:) I received a lovely email from Katie today, she contacted Johnny last night. I will wait to share the exchange until I have permission. God bless you.

Stephanie

I am so thrilled. I can't wait to see what happens next. This is so cool!

Marion J Chard

Katie and Stephanie. I am an English WW2 researcher interested in the Italian/Sicily campaign (see my profile here).If the veterans concerned were involved I would like to make contact if at all possible.

Colin. (Wiltshire, UK)