Len Drucker - 1280th Engineer Bn - CO C

I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Len Drucker, via an article which was posted about him in a recent Pritzker Newsletter. They put me in touch with Len, and we had just spoke with each other on the phone, a couple of minutes ago. A very charming, warm and friendly man, who didn't sound a day over 60!

Len has approximately 75 photos from various phases of the war, and he also kept an extensive diary while there. Can't wait to see the photos, which I will be adding to our ever-growing engineer photo gallery.

Len would really like to find a few of his old buddies, so if any of you are out there, please get in touch with us. I have Len's address, email address and phone number, and will be happy to share with you. He lives in Illinois with his wife of 62 years, and recently retired after 60 years as an eye doctor.

I am going to send him a copy of my documentary, and will get one out to you as soon as they arrive on my doorstep.

Warmly,

Marion

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yes!  My father was in the 1280th Company "C."  Would love to see the photos.  I wonder if he knows my Dad, PFC Robert Sandor?  Thank you. 

Sorry to say that the last email I sent to him bounced. Sigh! 

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leonard Drucker - Honor Flight attendee Walt's Daughter 1 3,719 05-16-2017, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Cynthia Sandor