6th army corps 57th signal battalion

Dawn and I have been PM'ing each other and she is a very happy camper. I am so delighted when our forum comes to the rescue. Dawn, cherish these moments. Oh how I do know how you are feeling.

:bluejumper:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hi Dawn, a Worldcat search for the 57th history shows 5 copies;

http://www.worldcat.org/title/history-of-the-57th-signal-battalion-world-war-ii-february-10-1941-to-september-29-1945-north-africa-italy-europe-salerno-anzio-southern-france/oclc/12551320&referer=brief_results

You may want to contact a local library to see if the copy at the Onondaga County Library would be available on Inter-Library Loan.

The book is found at:

1. COMBINED ARMS RESEARCH LIBRARY

CARL; Fort Leavenworth Library

FT LEAVENWORTH, KS

2. Library of Congress

Washington, DC

3. Onondaga County Public Library

OCPL

Syracuse, NY

4. US Army, Mil Hist Institute

US Army Heritage & Education Center

CARLISLE, PA

5. United States Military Academy

USMA Library

West Point, NY

:armata_PDT_37: :armata_PDT_37:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hi Larry,

You'll be happy to hear that my brother and I found the book (using the information you sent) at the Library of Congress which sent a copy to his local library in Arlington, VA. He has read it and has told me lots about it. I believe I can obtain a copy at a library here in Rhode Island. Meanwhile, I am still waiting to hear from GoldsWorth Books in UK where I am trying to purchase it.

It has been truly awesome discovering all this new information. My brother and family are also indebted to you and have asked me to convey their thanks. I just tell them Larry is the best!

I will keep you posted. Have a wonderful 4th of July!

Sincerely,

Dawn