Francis V. Daday

Looking for any info about my grandfather. Francis (Chick?) Daday. He was injured at the bridge near Remegan, Germany, was wounded by artiliery and put in a coma. Was sent home sometime in June or July 1945. If anyone has any info would love to share it. He was from Yonkers NY born 1910. Thanks for the help

Do you have any other info to go on? Do you have discharge papers, photos, a patch or pin? Anything. I can do an initial look-up to see what I can find, if anything.

Marion

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Typed his name in on the NARA site. Got this immediately

Francis Daday

Am attaching a PDF I made.

NARA___AAD___Francis_Daday.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   NARA___AAD___Francis_Daday.pdf (Size: 78.29 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Not much to start with, Ancestry.com just has his enlistment record which Marion got from the Nara site ( side note: ancestry`s records do not show the Army Serial Number, the Nara Records do show the number which is needed to obtain service records from St Louis.) The only other record on Ancestry is a U.S. Veterans Gravesites record:

U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006

Name: Francis V Daday

Service Info.: TEC 5 US ARMY WORLD WAR II

Birth Date: 29 Nov 1910

Death Date: 14 May 1979

Cemetery: St Josephs Cemetery

Cemetery Address: Rts 202 @ Route 100 Somers, NY 10589

You will now be able to contact either NARA in St Louis to see if they MAY have his records, for many were lost in the fire of '73. However, any veterans who received any kind of medical treatment through their local Veteran's Admin, may have their records obtained via the VA. This is probably a quicker method. Since you are a family member, you can call or write to the Veteran's Administration of his local state. This is how I got my dad's records. In my case, in the state of Michigan.

http://www2.va.gov/directory/guide/home.asp?isFlash=1

Marion

Marion J Chard

Thanks for all your help so far. I'm going to contact the VA and see what they have. I do have his DD214 but have to find it from my father.

Keep us informed okay. If you find anything else, please post it here. Would love to know.
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Francis Webb 101st 502nd PIR Walt's Daughter 2 7,816 07-29-2005, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter