19th Cmbt. Eng. Regt.

A gracious and grateful thanks to Ms. Marion for granting my request to "come aboard" and introduce this "Engineer Community" to my late father, Mr. Milan Glumac, Co. B., 19th Cmbt. Eng. Regt., N. Africa, Sicily and Italy.

Most appreciatively,

Dean Glumac, USMC, D. Co. 4th Cmbt. Eng., 4th Mar. Div.

Clinton, TN

Welcome Dean. Just sent you an email and also added you to the 19th Engineer email group. Hoping that many of them will contact you. Looking forward to hearing all about your father. Please note, I also included the 19th Engineers in the first part of my documentary, No Bridge Too Far.  Have you see Ernest Warner's page yet?

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Ms. Marion,

Thank you for the warm and gracious "welcome aboard"; it is very much appreciated. And thank you for being so kind to add my email address to the 19th Eng. email group. Aside from some sons and daughters, I would imagine, just like my father, many original members have passed on and the reunions have probably come to an end. In regards to the 19th and the documentary...No Bridge Too Far, I'd be interested in learning about what the documentary describes about the 19th, but, From my fathers' records as well as information provided by Mr. Tim Nelson (father Clayton), the 19th Cmbt. Eng. Regt., which was formed at Ft. Ord, Calif. was sent to N. Africa, Sicily and Italy and was not involved in the ETO, just the MTO.

Ms. Marion,

As I re-read your post, I realized that I made a mistake in my initial read of your post in which you mention the documentary, No Bridge Too Far, to which I understood, Bridge at Remagen, A Bridge too Far, oh, ETO, no my fathers unit was not

there, but in the MTO. However, the documentary describes...for engineers, there is NO bridge too far; oh, ok, now I gotcha. Also, when I read the brief story of Mr. Warner, I noticed he was assigned to Co. F, while my father was assigned to Co. B. Within my fathers collection of papers, photos, documents and rosters, I would imagine I might find Mr. Warners name, most especially if he attended any of the reunions. Thanks again for the information.

Dean Glumac

Yes, a lot of people mistake my documentary for A Bridge Too Far.  www.nobridgetoofar.com  Not a problem!

My documentary begins in North Africa and that is why the 19th Engineers are featured in part 1, along with other engineering units. VI Corps/5th and 7th Armies were also in Sicily and Italy (ETO/MTO). 

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  52nd Chem Co. - 39th Engr Regt John 2 3,534 06-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Jim Davis
  My Dad S/Sgt 19th Engineers rickyday 2 3,958 06-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  New Member! 19th Eng. Reg. Combat tredhed2 5 5,585 07-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter