adopting Robert Morneweck's grave

Earlier this week I received an email from Reg (Lennon). Some of you may know him from various forums such as Major Dick Winters. The two letters below are in reference to the tending of the gravesite for Art Morneweck's brother, Robert of the 101st Airborne.

Memories of Robert Morneweck

Here is part of this letter to me:

Marion,

I want to keep you informed:

I got a reply from Margraten and from this day I officially adopted Robert Mornewecks grave at Margraten. I already told Art. He has al info about me.

The adoption has my name on it and I will take good care!

I adopted on behalf of the majorwinters forum.

Is it ok with you to share info from your site with our members? I'll put your link up as resource and support...

Please let me know what you think.

Kind regards,

Reg

Then today I received this forwarded email from Art:

Dear Art and family,

We are very sad that we must inform you that our mother, Emma Fransen Heynens died last wednesday dated 27.04.2005 in the morning after a sickbed of

6 weeks. She was very sick and her health was very badly. The doctors in the hospital couldn´t make her better, because her condition was so bad that it was not possible to perform an operation. Tha last two weeks she had a lot of pain and how terrible it is for all of us, for our mother was this the best solution. She had no more power to fight against this sickness. Art, we hope that we can soften your pain for the death of my mother by telling you that we have printed out your card and last E-mail with all the digital pictures. She has read the complete website incl digital pictures and showed this to a lot of people who were visiting her in the hospital, she was very proud of it. Art, we can tell you she was a very pride, good and lovely mother for us, and we hope you can understand that it was a very busy week for us so we haven´t had the possibility to inform you earlier. As soon as we have some more time we will go to the cemetry in Margraten and we will look if we can find the grave of Robert and send you some digital pictures of it. To your info. President Bush of the United States will visit this cemetry next week, may be you can see it on television. Art we have to end this E-mail and we hope that our mother will always lives further in your hart.

If possible, please send us your home address and we will send you the death announcement and a digital pictures of my mother by post and we hope that we will stay in contact by E-mail in the future.

Kind regards,

Emmy en Ludo Fransen.

Marion's note: Emma had taken care of Robert's grave for decades. She was quite a wonderful woman with a warm and generous heart. I sure she is being blessed in heaven for her generosity and kind spirit!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

So where was the hankie alert for this one. How absolutley touching this is . I really had no idea that people took such care of our loved ones over there. Restores my faith in mankind. Thank you so much for sharing this Cindy

There are a lot of good-hearted people out there hey Cindy. It really restores your faith in mankind. :rolleyes:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

A couple of years ago I found Emmy through Dutch Travel Agency on the inter-net. Her father was a Capt. in Dutch Army and they had two extra bed rooms, used for tired American soldiers.

Art

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do not stand at my grave and weep. sixgun 3 3,809 10-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  Flowers placed at grave of Jan Nowak-Jeziorański Walt's Daughter 0 3,308 02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  About adopting graves in the Netherlands Wendy 8 7,373 06-28-2007, 07:57 AM
  Frank Gubbels adopts a grave Walt's Daughter 2 3,750 12-22-2005, 07:27 PM
  adopting Robert Morneweck's grave Walt's Daughter 0 72,747 05-27-2005, 06:35 AM