William Shaw

Did/does anyone knew William Shaw? Marion told me, "We have a few 87th Inf Div soldiers who are members. They may know." William dropped from my radar screen (the e-mail address I had, solivagant@alltel.net , not working in 2010) He served from WW2 call-up to beginning of Korean War & took basic training at Fort Benning Ga.: 13th Co. 4th Regt. ASTP BTC . By the time basic was completed ASTP was terminated. All members of the group were assigned to the 87th inf Division located at Fort Jackson SC.

Do you know if he has also passed away? The ranks are thinning terribly fast!

Fred

Great news. I heard from William last night, and have already forwarded his letter to Fred! :armata_PDT_37:

Here's what he wrote to me:

Marion, my son-in- law came across this message.......on the VI Corps Combat Engineers, the message is listed below:

William Shaw here. This message might refer to me. my old e mail was (I omitted it), but my server changed it address to (left off for privacy) more than a year ago. My e mail (alias ) listed in the GAN (Golden Acorn News ) was (left off for privacy)

(This is why I try to use my alias, Because if my ISP changes my alias won't. )

And yes I did do my basic training at Fort Benning Ga.: with the 13th Co. 4th Regt. ASTP BTC

And was assigned to the 87 Division, "C" Company 347 Inf Regt at Fort Jackson SC. I was the only one in 13th Co. 4th Regt. ASTP BTC by the name of William Shaw.

Note I am, I think, a member in good standing with:

Golden Acorn News published by the 87th Infantry Division Legacy Association or GAN-LE.

But the name Mr. GSD does not ring a bell. Will you be so kind to forward this message to him ?

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for information on William Edward Purkess Mark D 4 5,561 12-23-2020, 07:23 PM
Last Post: WEAVER
  John William "Bill" Wilkerson BobbInND 3 5,231 11-17-2019, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  William "Bill" Brinkley (my grandfather) Rmb2 11 10,759 07-19-2017, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Rmb2
  Tec5 William A Sawatsky Killed in Belguim 5th ECB Currahee 6 7,399 11-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Mike1278
  Search for 326th AEB, "Bill" Shaw hawkeye1927 5 8,007 07-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter