Normandy D-Day Landing photos

Thank you Carol....

http://blogs.denverpost.com/captured/2009/...rmandy-beaches/

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

OUTDAMNSTANDING!!!

Especially the pictures with the veterans were very moving.

I thought so too!

:armata_PDT_01:

Marion J Chard

Unfortunately they made some mistakes with the text underneath the pictures but it's a very nice tribute.

:D

Great Photos :armata_PDT_37:

I can't even describe the emotions I feel at seeing these photographs and the faces of those young men.

I just keep thinking that one day I will be looking at some of these pictures and I will see my father....But I never forget that I am looking at someone's son, husband, father...And I feel for them all.

Wonderful photographs.

Wow, I feel that way too. I always look for a image of my father when watching anything related to WWII. You never know.

I was viewing a show the other night, and they were interviewing a son of a WWII vet. He happened to be watching a show, and lo and behold, there was a picture of his dad in Europe during the war. He was so thrilled. I can only imagine!!

Speaking of that, I was going through the documents on my dad's unit and found two instances with my father's name. I had tears of joy when I discovered those. Priceless!

Marion J Chard

I can imagine!! How wonderful.

I will say that we had one experience like that with my mother's father. She was English and her father served in the RAF and he was killed when his plane was shot down over Germany in March of 1942. In all of my years growing up I'd only seen one photo of him when he was very young and it was a small photo and it was taken at a distance.

We were trying to find information on him a few years ago and my cousin connected with a man in Australia whose father was on the crew with my grandfather. He had a photo of my grandfather's squadron and he emailed it to her. To have someone on the other side of the world send a photo of my grandfather after all of these years, and one where you could actually see him, is nothing short of miraculous.

No matter how long the time or the effort to forget the past is

impossible to forget and although I know the truth they are

still alive to me.

Those photos raised every hair on my neck and head and I almost

wished I hadn't spent so much time looking at them since I knew

what the result would be.

Hey Clementine:

I had a similar experience a few years ago. I received a photo from the son of a man who served with my dad in the motor pool. In the photo was his dad and my dad with all the names. What a thrill that was. I have it sitting on my desk and look at it every day.

I can imagine!! How wonderful.

I will say that we had one experience like that with my mother's father. She was English and her father served in the RAF and he was killed when his plane was shot down over Germany in March of 1942. In all of my years growing up I'd only seen one photo of him when he was very young and it was a small photo and it was taken at a distance.

We were trying to find information on him a few years ago and my cousin connected with a man in Australia whose father was on the crew with my grandfather. He had a photo of my grandfather's squadron and he emailed it to her. To have someone on the other side of the world send a photo of my grandfather after all of these years, and one where you could actually see him, is nothing short of miraculous.

post-2-1291905426_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   motorpool.jpg (Size: 54.98 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remembering the 75th Anniversary of D-Day Normandy Walt's Daughter 3 5,395 06-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  Normandy D-Day Walt's Daughter 1 2,736 06-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  D-Day Normandy - 2017 Walt's Daughter 1 3,144 06-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Colorized photos Walt's Daughter 2 3,845 11-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Subject: Photos of 1944 & 2014 - before and afters Walt's Daughter 0 3,045 08-16-2015, 08:55 AM
  Archives get 6,660 more WWII photos Walt's Daughter 0 2,497 08-16-2015, 07:24 AM
  Allied Infantrymen and military vehicles move inland from Normandy to Carentan sixgun 1 3,006 12-17-2014, 09:02 AM
  Utah Beach Normandy 1944 sixgun 1 3,272 09-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  Normandy Loves US...The Untold Story sixgun 0 2,485 04-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Incredible photos of tribute in sand - Normandy Walt's Daughter 1 3,536 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Last Post: CaptO