Rocky's Italy Trip 2011

I'm so happy he had such a great trip. I had written him an email the other day where he said pretty much the same as above. He did leave out, in his mail to you Marion, where the Italian officer was going to place himself in the first jeep. "WRONG!" That was fixed and Rocky took his rightful place with the officer in the second vehicle!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

I follwed Rocky's photos on facebook. Wow, what an experience!!

In that last photo with Rocky and Enrico...Rocky looks like a man who has fulfilled his destiny...I am so very happy for him and proud of him also. Way to go, Rocky! :14_2_108:

Unfortunately, recent posts, during the transfer, have been lost ...

In summary: I had written that in the picture of Verona was not me but my friend Federico with Rocky and Rocky was the happiest person in the world. I concluded by saying that in this deteriorated world should be more men like Rocky!

I do not remember the precise answer of dogdaddy...dogdaddy if you want to post what you had wrote, we reconstruct the missing part!

After the response of dogdaddy I had written:

There is a question I turn to head for a long time ....

Why all those brave guys, have come here... away from home ... ... far from those who loved them ...

to fight, suffer and die for us ... for a homeland that was not theirs ...

Their honor and courage is amazing!

Rocky said that heroes are those who are dead ... and he's right ... our special love is for them ... people who have not had the opportunity of a future and I, as an Italian, I'd love to be able to return their this lost future...but it's impossible...

I am young, I am 29 years old, but I am grateful for all they have done for us, and I'll be forever!

I wish I could thank each of them and comfort them,because they carry a burden that no man should ever be forced to carry...

God bless those good guys ....

Thanks

Dogdaddy and Enrico:

First I must apologize for the posts lost during the transition to the new server. As I explained to Enry in an email, tech support "grabbed" a copy of our forum (database) at a particular time. In the interim a few people posted, so those posts were not transferred. Luckily the forum has been SLOW, so we only lost a few posts. Thank God. Still it is frustrating for those who did.

But, we are now back to normal, and residing in our new happy home.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

As I said, M1, no problem, indeed we are already back in equal, at least for this thread :D

I don't know if this was a problem with the move to the server, but we lost our attachments in this topic. I tried running the updater, but no luck.

So I am going to place the links to the FB photos. Sorry everyone....

Enrico's photos

Matteo's photos 1

Matteo's photos 2

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Museum in Italy - Gothic Line and Mt. Altuzzo battle angatti 14 15,868 12-19-2017, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  WWII C-Ration Dinner in Italy sixgun 1 2,772 03-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: verow
  My short trip to Normandy last week. Frank Gubbels 10 9,550 11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  Anniversary D-Day 2011 sixgun 7 6,270 06-26-2011, 09:15 PM
  Personal tribute to the men and women of D-Day 2011 Walt's Daughter 5 4,981 06-12-2011, 06:53 AM
  Question to Rocky , sgtleo and all the veterans forum of Marion sixgun 2 3,458 03-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Last Post: TopSgt
  My Normandy trip Frank Gubbels 10 8,209 08-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  Photos italy 43-45 sixgun 0 2,452 11-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Rocky..... ricklind 3 4,583 05-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  Anzio? Italy? Photo of Dad & Motorcycle arve 15 14,304 01-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas