540th A CO

I'm in Comm, too. As a communications officer (at least in the Marines) you aren't pigeon holed into a certain comm field - at least by MOS. As a lieutenant they try to move you around from Satcom to data to radio, but you sometimes do get stuck as "the data guy" if you know it well. I lat-moved from artillery, so I never had to deal with being a dumb comm Lt. I was a dumb Arty Lt. As you get higher in rank, all you generally do data anyway, because that what happens primarily at higher echelons. I currently work in Albany, GA overseeing the care and feeding of several logistics programs. What care and feeding do you need to do on programs you say? You need to keep the accredited (ensuring they are vulnerability free so they can be put on or kept on the network), you need to coordinate the efforts of Field Support Representatives (civilian contractors who work with the Marines to train them, trouble shoot problems, and ensure the servers are set up properly), and work on improvements to the system.

I saw "Dallas" and was about to say, "oh, cool" (I grew up in Dallas - in Texas) then I noticed the "GA". So I said, "Good to go - wonder where that is". Found out it's north west of Atlanta and pretty far from Albany.

Sounds like you have a good job that will transfer into civilian life when you retire! I had planned on making the Army a career but the quality of my NCOs was so frustrating that I couldn't wait to get away from that life! Also, after Desert Storm, I felt I had done my duty. Thanks to you for serving! I am always amazed at the amount of men and women who are willing to make the sacrifice, especially under today's stresses of military life.

Dallas, GA is pretty far from Albany!

It appears that your Grandfather and my Grandfather must have been in the same BN. Did your grandfather stay in the Army after the war? Mine went to OCS and was wounded (lost a leg) in Korea as a 1st LT. He retired from the Army in 1968, as a Major (P).

I downloaded the file and was thrilled to see further info for my files. Thanks. That's a real treasure.

Oh, you wrote to me earlier and said you were having problems with a file. Was it that one, or is there another?

If so, please send again, for I am in the middle of switching from a YAHOO account to Horde mail on my own server. So think I may have lost a few of today's mail. It's a bit of a pain, but will be worth the hassle in a few days when everything is transferred and running smoothly.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I downloaded the file and was thrilled to see further info for my files. Thanks. That's a real treasure.

Oh, you wrote to me earlier and said you were having problems with a file. Was it that one, or is there another?

If so, please send again, for I am in the middle of switching from a YAHOO account to Horde mail on my own server. So think I may have lost a few of today's mail. It's a bit of a pain, but will be worth the hassle in a few days when everything is transferred and running smoothly.

I was trying to post the manifest on the message board, that I sent you via email. You received the manifest? Will you post it? Once I get my photos scanned how should I go about getting them on the site?

No I don't. Lost several emails yesterday during the transition to Horde Mail.

When you get your photos scanned, you can send them to me via attachments, or place them all on a disk and mail them to me. I will then upload them to our Engineer's Photo Gallery, and he will have his own folder. :armata_PDT_37:

Marion J Chard

Added them to the main site just now. Please visit this page to see both files. It's at near bottom.

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/540th.htm

Marion J Chard