Deutsche Fertigungskennzeichen bis 1945

Received this today. I wrote to him to ask if he has a website, or how he is planning on distributing the book. Will post it here when I get his reply.

===========================

Dear friends and collectors,

after many years of hard work, my book "Deutsche Fertigungskennzeichen bis 1945" about the secret German manufacturers codes of WW2 is now finished.

These codes were used to cover the manufacturers names on weapons, ammunition and every other kind of military equipment like parts of airplanes, vehicles, ships or radio equipment.

The book has more than 500 pages, is sorted in two ways (after codes and after company-names), contains ALL code systems (abbreviations, number-codes, letter-codes, LDO-numbers for medals & insignias and the RZM-numbers for NSDAP- & SS-equipment). The official list with letter codes ends with "ozz", but I was able to add three pages of later codes.

And the best fact: The foreword and the text is written in German and English!

The part with the codes is not translated, because there is not much to translate. But I have forced the publisher to print the text in English language too. I think it's very important to know the background and the development of the code systems. I have found many original documents in archives to reproduce the way of the development step by step.

There will be no commercial distribution to dealers outside Germany, so if someone might be interested, I can only send books from me.

If someone is interested, the price is 35,- EUR in Europe incl. postage.

To the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan it's 63 USD for a single book by airmail incl. postage.

And if you like I can sign the book for you.

I have attached some pics!

With best wishes from Germany

Michael Heidler

-------------------------------

Sehr geehrte Sammler,

vor Kurzem ist nach langjähriger Arbeit mein neues Buch "Deutsche Fertigungskennzeichen bis 1945" über die geheimen Hersteller-Codes auf Waffen, Munition und allerlei militärischen Ausrüstungsgegenständen (auch auf Einbauteilen für Fahrzeuge, Flugzeuge, Schiffe, Funkgeräte, medizinisches Gerät usw.) fertig geworden. Vielleicht ist es für Sie als Sammler von Interesse.

Das Buch hat über 500 Seiten(!) und enthält alles von den ersten Verschlüsselungssystemen während der geheimen Aufrüstung ab 1919 bis hin zu den Buchstaben-Codes bis 1945. Also um genau zu sein, die frühen Abkürzungen, die Firmenkennziffern (das sind die Nummern hinter dem P), die Buchstabencodes, verschlüsselte Jahreszahlen und als Anhang noch die bekannten LDO-Nummern und RZM-Nummern.

Das Ganze gibt es in zwei Sortierungen (natürlich alles in einem Buch), einmal nach Codes und einmal nach Firmennamen. So kann man zum ersten mal auch den Code einer bestimmten Firma suchen oder sich auch mal einen Überblick über die Zweigwerke einer bestimmten Firma machen.

Interessant dürfte auch die Entstehungsgeschichte sein, die mit zahlreichen originalen Dokumenten belegt ist und einen guten Einblick in die Planungen und Gedanken hinter dieser Sache gibt.

In diesem Buch sind viele Fehler aus den bislang bekannten Codebüchern und -listen berichtig worden und Lücken konnten gefüllt werden. Eine Anzahl Codes nach "ozz" ist ebenfalls aufgelistet. Zudem wurde jede(!) einzelne Ortsangabe auf alten Landkarten überprüft und bei Bedarf korrigiert. Durch die Angaben der heutigen Ortsnamen und Bundesländer/Staaten kann der interessierte Sammler auf modernen Landkarten nachschauen, wo die bestempelten Gegenstände hergestellt wurden. Das ist oft ganz interessant zu sehen, woher die vielen Einzelteile eines Gerätes stammen, welches dann irgendwo im Reichsgebiet endmontiert wurde.

Der Preis innerhalb Deutschlands beträgt 30,- EUR einschließlich Porto.

Zusätzliches Porto innerhalb Europa 5,- EUR.

Auf Wunsch gibt es mein Buch auch gerne signiert!

Anbei ein paar Bilder.

Mit den besten Grüßen

Michael Heidler

GRATIS für alle WEB.DE-Nutzer: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!

Jetzt freischalten unter http://movieflat.web.de

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Dear Marion,

many thanks for your reply. It's very kind if you want to put the book on your forum.

It took me seven years with research to finish that book ... and also it took a long time to find a publisher. Now I'm trying to make my book known, because the publisher is not doing any advertisement. I'm not doing it for business and there is no chance to earn money with it, but it's a hobby and good feeling to have an own book. That's why I have emailed to friends and collectors and often they tell me email-address of their friends and so on ... that's the way I got your address.

I have had a look on your website. That's really great!

In my country it wouldn't be very good to make a website about any ancestors concerning the war. We still have (or we think that we have) our problem with our own history. If have noticed these "problems" often enough during my research for the book.

That's the reason why I do not have an own website.

People can order my book by contacting me on my main-emailaddress >> GGBuch@web.de <<

You can use my text and the photos if my email, that's no problem.

MANY THANKS !!! That's really great!

With best wishes from Germany

Michael

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Americans in Mannheim 1945-2011 Walt's Daughter 4 9,242 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Fuel to the Troops: A Memoir of the 698th Engineer Petroleum Distribution Company 1943-1945 Walt's Daughter 0 2,637 05-08-2012, 08:33 AM
  Saturday Evening Post - The War Years, 1941-1945 sixgun 1 4,644 09-13-2011, 07:00 AM
  Battle of the Bulge 1944 - 1945 DallasYK 2 4,514 07-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Reg from the Bulge