Farewell Al Panebianco -45th Inf Div

Stay tough, sir. I'm pulling for you.

Hugs,

Brooke

Al has been moved from the hospital back to Rehab at Cary Health &Rehabilitation Center. His infections have been cured and he is starting the very slow process of rehab. If he can stay infection free, he will probably be in the rehab facility for 2-3 months. If he acquires any new infections, it could send him back to the hospital and the process will start all over. The one major concern at this time is his atrial fibrillation which is causing him to sleep most of the day. This is causing his rehab to go a lot slower than would be normal.

I will keep you all updated as we continue his rehab

Bob MacDade

Let us pray he will continue to improve. Such a long, long haul. Hugs,

Marion

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"
I hope Al's treatment goes well and he is comfortable. I'll keep him and other vets in his position in my prayers.
Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Another one of my GREAT friends is gone. Oh sad day. My inbox will be very lonely without AL. We've been corresponding for five years, and hardly a week would go by without a note from him.

I will miss you greatly Al. It ain't gonna be the same without you.

==========

It is with great sadness that I inform you that Al passed away this morning. We ask that you give Tina a day before calling. I will e-mail you with funeral arrangements as soon as they are known.

Bob :armata_PDT_23:

Marion J Chard

The Viewing will be held this Thursday (Jan 7, 2010) evening at Kovacs Funeral Home in Springfield, PA from 7PM to 9PM. The exact address is

Kovacs Funeral Home

530 West Woodland Avenue

Springfield, PA 19064-2124

(610) 544-3222

A burial mass will be held on Friday morning at 10AM at St. Francis Catholic Church at :

136 Saxer Avenue

Springfield, PA 19064-2333

(610) 543-0848

Followed by a military burial at SS Peter and Paul Cemetary at 11AM located at:

1600 S. Sproul Rd.,

Springfield, PA 19064-1134

(610) 544-4933

There will also be a mass in North Carolina for neighbors and friends at a time that is yet to be determined. I will let everyone know when this is set.

Marion J Chard

Sorry to hear of another loss of a member of that great generation of men and women. He will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The passing of James Bird - 45th Infantry Walt's Daughter 0 2,435 01-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Get well cards for James Bird- 45th Inf Div Walt's Daughter 1 3,295 02-07-2009, 04:28 PM
  Farewell General Sparks - 45th Infantry Div Walt's Daughter 0 2,774 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM