What are you listening to right now?

post-256-1255345674_thumb.jpgDoris Day....( Was 87 in April... :happybirthday3: )

Attached Files
.jpg   doris_day_happy.jpg (Size: 77.68 KB / Downloads: 0)

post-256-1255345674_thumb.jpgDoris Day....( Was 87 in April... :happybirthday3: )

My favorite Songs !!

Vee

Hi Verinique!

I still say "What a beautiful name". I agree with your selections of GOOD MUSIC. You have a good ear for music. I guess I'm old fashioned, but I lean to the smooth when it comes to music.

Glen Miller; the best of the big bands

Doris Day ; the smoothest singer of all

Gordon MacRae; what a voice

Okay; so I came up in the what "Pappa Art" called the Romance Era. I'll bet most of you out there did too. Remember when we dated. Men arrived in suit coat & tie to pick up their date dressed like she cared to be with you. And, Don't forget her little hat and white gloves. And,,,Yes, she waited till we opened the car door for vher,,, and our hearts pounded as we did. There is one picture that will forever be burned on the wall my mind. I was on a blind date, along with my sister who set up the evening, and her husband. Do you wonder if I was nervous; you could say that. As I rang the door bell, all sorts of catastrophies flashed across my mind."WHAT AM I DOING HERE?. I wished I was home, alone and safe. But the door opened and there she was; I looked into those eyes, and I was lost. Well,,,,, not really; my life and future was about to change and I was scared. But the next 2 months changed all that. On Christmas Eve I proposed, and to my amazement,,, she said yes. We had 43 wonderful years, full of ups & downs, but full of happiness. She has been gone these past seven years, but I talk to her every night, and that sustains me till we meet again.

sorry

Hey Chuck, great story. Things were a lot less complicated back then, huh? Heck, I look back to the Reagan era with longing! Now. . .[head shaking]

Anyway, I just wanted to add that I am currently listening to the last movement of Berlioz' Symphony Fantastique. Great for Halloween music and as a way to introduce classical music to the kids if you haven't.

Happy listening!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Dear Chuck !!

Thank you so much and also I'm very glad you like my selections of music !!

I liked to read your wonderful story of your meeting with your wife .

As it was romantic! I read and reread !! A person that one to like so much never leaves us! Your wife lives deep in your heart !!

And for the to see again...just close your eyes! "

Here for you my songs favorite !!

Gordon MacRae - It's magic :

Gordon MacRae -Face to Face

Gordon Macrae - Lovely to look at me :

Your Eyes Have Told Me So" DORIS DAY & GORDON MACRAE :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOkGRBsuorY...feature=related

Doris Day - April In Paris :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMnq5d3C6p0...feature=related

From France with all my Love :love7:

Véronique better known under the soft nickname of vee . That you have give me !!

Thanks for the music Vee! Is there anything you can't do with that computer of yours. You bring to us so many interesting tid-bits. One moment you are into quizes on movies, then off on another such as "what are you listening right now". And those photos and stories about WWII. Above all,,,,, Your caring for all those American graves. Sometimes I truely believe you could teach many of us how to be better Americans. Your Pres. Mr. Sarkozy would do well to appoint you Ambassador to the U.S.of A.

Okay everybody. You know our favorites, now lets have yours. But no need to go back to Rudy Vallee and his megaphone, even though he was the hottest heart throb around at the time I was born.

the guy on the other side of the "pond"

chucktoo

Thank you chuck! you see me blushing !!

Love

Vee ;)

Here are two songs from one of my favorite singer!

I've translated I hope my translation is correct !!

This song, which pays homage to U.S. soldiers called to the Second World War to liberate France,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99-1HcWMRts...feature=related

The Ricans

If the Yanks were not there

You would all be in Germany

To speak of something,

A salute I know that.

Of course the years have passed.

The guns have changed hands.

Is this a reason to forget .

One day we needed ?

A guy came to Georgia

Who did not care a lot about you

Is v'nu die in Normandy

One morning when you were not there.

Of course the years have passed.

We became buddies.

A shot of the friendly,

They say they have fallen for anything.

If the Yanks were not there

You would all be in Germany

To speak of something,

A salute I know that.

Mr the President From France :

Mr the President From France :

I am writing from Michigan

To say that beside Avranches

My father died twenty years ago,

My Father died twenty years ago,

I was then a child,

But I was proud to tell

He died in battle

He died with you .

Mr the President from france.

I'am writing from Michigan

On behalf of a man who for Avranches

Has crossed an ocean,

Has crossed an ocean,

Tell those who have forgotten

To those who burn my flag.

In memory of those years,

These are the last bastards.

Mr the president of France,

I'am writing from Michingan

To say that close to Avranches

A white cross bearing my name .

Remenber him from time to time

Vee

It's a big download from my music site, but I know you will enjoy it!

Andrew Sisters Medley by Misha (a buddy of mine)!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:26_12_4: No need to blush Vee. You have earned every kudo we have tossed your way. :26_12_4:

Thanks for bringing us some of your music. Sure wish I could speak French. English is hard enough. As has been said before "The only thing that stands between Britain & the U.S. is our common language.

Send us more

chuck