No Man is an Island

Lee thought he'd try this movie from NetFlix called, No Man is an Island. We didn't know what to expect, but it wasn't bad at all. Made in 1962 and based on a true story. I think it's worth a watch. Starring Jeffrey Hunter.

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Island-VHS-Jeffr...r/dp/B00005AAF4

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Here's some further info:

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/01/19/obituari...oe-on-guam.html

Marion J Chard

I rented that movie from Netflix a couple weeks ago too. I really enjoyed it! Another good WWII film starring Jeffrey Hunter is Sailor of the King. I always thought he was a great actor and also the best to ever play the role of Jesus.

Lee and I are sitting here laughing. No, we aren't laughing at you, but at the context. You will see why in a minute.

While we were watching the movie, Lee made a "funny". Of course you will remember the point where Mr. Hunter's character is talking with the priest and is wondering why he was the only one spared. At that juncture, the priest says something along the lines of, the Lord must have a plan for you. Well, my husband looks over and states, "Ya, you go on to play Jesus in a movie". So when you wrote your last line, I read it out loud to Lee and we were both laughing. Talk about being on the same wavelength! :pdt12:

Oh, thanks for the other recommendation.

Marion J Chard

Lee and I are sitting here laughing. No, we aren't laughing at you, but at the context. You will see why in a minute.

While we were watching the movie, Lee made a "funny". Of course you will remember the point where Mr. Hunter's character is talking with the priest and is wondering why he was the only one spared. At that juncture, the priest says something along the lines of, the Lord must have a plan for you. Well, my husband looks over and states, "Ya, you go on to play Jesus in a movie". So when you wrote your last line, I read it out loud to Lee and we were both laughing. Talk about being on the same wavelength! :pdt12:

Oh, thanks for the other recommendation.

I "flashed" on that also when the priest made that remark :waving: ! It's a small world, isn't it? :lol: Let me know if you liked Sailor of the King.

cheers!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Return to Makin Island Walt's Daughter 0 2,534 02-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Return to Makin Island Walt's Daughter 0 2,883 04-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter