Farewell William H. Smoyer ~ Battle of the Bulge

This was sent to me by Jim Hennessey, who would like to share it with all of us. William sounded like one hell of a guy. Rest in peace and my condolences to the family.

Question for Jim: Was he a member of your unit?

Marion

=======================================================

Subject: William H. Smoyer ~ Battle of the Bulge (recently passed)

Good afternoon,

I wanted to contact you as I am the grandson of William H. Smoyer who recently just passed away on Friday night. He fought in WWII and in the Battle of the Bulge. I wanted to let you know he thought of his comrades as family up until the day he died. He went to every WWII battle ceremony, every Battle of the Bulge ceremony, stayed in contact with the remaining people of the battle and constantly talked about the brotherhood that was created in those cold days. He was the best grandfather a kid could ask for and my entire family was truly blessed to have him with us for so many years. If possible, could you just leave a comment on his funeral guest book and pass the link around? His mass is this Wednesday in Havertown PA and I know he would really appreciate people associated with the Battle of the Bulge writing something on his guestbook. He loved all of you. I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you.

http://obit.stretchfuneralhome.com/obitdis...listing=Current

Thank You,

M. Anthony DiGirolamo

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell William Liebenow buk2112 2 3,832 03-03-2017, 08:04 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Farewell William (Bill) Tingen - 101st Airborne Walt's Daughter 4 5,104 02-24-2015, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell William D. McGuinness - 280th Engineer Walt's Daughter 4 7,076 04-09-2010, 10:26 AM
  Death of Claude William Gregory Walt's Daughter 1 3,169 08-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  William F White - 48th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 0 3,271 02-28-2006, 01:24 PM