752nd Engineers

Received this week...

I am trying to find some info on my Dad's "752 Engineers" group. I cannot find any info at this time. He served in WW2 and that is all I know.

Thanks,

John Brooks

My response:

Hello John:

Thanks for writing. Ya, that seems like a tough search item. But have you see this post? If you haven't tried writing to her, you should:

http://bbs.goodolddaysonline.com/cgi-bin/g...ig.pl?read=4041

It is OLD though, and her address may not be current anymore. You never know until you try though. I've had success with less.

Have you seen our research section yet?

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/eng...hp?showtopic=23

If not, I strongly suggest you check it out. I would urge you to contact the Army Corps of Engineers Office of History, first. Ask to speak with Michael Brodhead, a dear friend of mine.

Next I would try NARA in Maryland and the contact Richard Horrell of WW2 Connections.

Looks like my buddy David has a section on his forum for that unit, and it appears they were an engineer maintenance unit. I would drop him a line and see if he can tell you anything at all.

Let me know if you have any questions re: the above. I'll be happy to help you out. In the interim, I will keep searching through my materials to see if I can find anything at all.

Warmly,

Marion

=================

Hey John:

Just found something in one of my books. It's not much, but heck, it's a start.

Please see attachment.

Smiles,

Marion

752nd_Engineers.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   752nd_Engineers.pdf (Size: 697.77 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 586,587 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter