Finding Gilbert - story begins in 1944

Dear folks who wrote to me about my article 'Finding Gilbert' from Reader's Digest,

Happy New Year to you all. Many of you asked me to let you know about my progress in writing my memoir based on the story in Reader's Digest. So here's an update.

I have a few agents interested in the story (Yay!) but they all told me that I needed to cut down the length--from over 200,000 words to 100,000. So as hard as that was, I did it. In the process of cutting, as I lopped off the end section about falling in love with my husband, I realized that I had a separate book there, if he added his side to the story.

So in addition to getting married in June, we worked together and created another book called 'Falling in Love Backwards, an Unlikely Tale of Happily Ever After'. We're very excited about it and it will be available on Amazon in paperback and Kindle form in about a week. Here'e our website: www.fallinginlovebackwards.com if you'd like to read more about the book.

So that's why I've been a bit stalled on the Gilbert story, but now am getting back to work on it and hope to complete it in the next three months. I'll keep you informed about the progress of selling it. Keep your fingers crossed! With the upcoming 70th anniversary of D-Day in June, 2014, I feel it would be a wonderful story to come out that year and hope I can convince some publishers of that!

As I was compiling the email list to write to you, I was once again touched and moved by your letters. They mean a lot to me--that you took the time to find me and to share your feelings about the story. I'm writing this book for you and consider you my cheer leaders when I meet rejection or struggle with trying to express the story. Knowing that the story touched you gives me the faith that I can do the same with the book.

And I know that it was the experience of my father's love that gave me the faith to fall in love again after so many years.

I wanted to warn you that since you are on my email contacts list, you will be receiving an email from a company called 'A WEBER' asking you if you'd like to subscribe for information about the new book 'Falling in Love Backwards'. If you click on it, you will receive updates on that book and be notified when it is available, etc. We are also doing a blog.

So don't be afraid to hit the link to that email. It is not a scam, I promise and your email address will not be used for any other purpose. If you're not interested in that book, I will keep you informed about the other book as soon as I have any more news.

Wishing you all the best for the happiest of New Years,

Diane

Diane Covington-Carter

Award Winning Writer and Photographer

American Society of Journalists and Authors

Contributor, Best Women's Travel Writing 2011

www.dianecovington.com

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Finding Gilbert - story begins in 1944 - by Walt's Daughter - 01-30-2013, 11:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anniversary of Operation Dragoon - Aug 15, 1944 Walt's Daughter 3 5,697 08-19-2019, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The real story behind duct tape and its tie-in with WWII Walt's Daughter 4 5,190 03-29-2016, 10:09 AM
  June 6, 1944 Walt's Daughter 2 4,230 06-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  Diary - Book 788 Oct 30, 1944 - FDR Library Walt's Daughter 0 2,392 04-04-2015, 08:36 AM
  Utah Beach Normandy 1944 sixgun 1 3,331 09-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  Necklace with a story Walt's Daughter 3 4,199 06-17-2014, 07:29 AM
  Normandy Loves US...The Untold Story sixgun 0 2,511 04-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Finding Harry and Fred Bahlau's story Frank Gubbels 3 5,109 04-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  1944 Britain GIs having fun before D-Day sixgun 0 2,024 05-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Last Post: sixgun
  WWII, France , December 24,1944 sixgun 4 4,983 03-04-2011, 09:19 AM