W-U-T-V-D-N-B-G-M

In adition, there were other ground-training and ground school sessions. For example, in one classroom session we learned how to navigate at night by a widely dispersed geographic network system of lights that blinked out morse codes. (we also received morse code refresher sessions) To enable a pilot to confirm or determine where he was, the system's "location" codes were sequenced in the geographic grid this specific order: (W - U - T - V - D - N - B - G - M). How is it that I still remember a detail like that sixty years later? It's because we had an outstanding instructor whose skills included the effective use of "memory keys". The key he gave us for remembering the light code sequence was this statement: "We Understand That Virgins Do Not Become Good Mothers". Who could forget that?

Gotta love that and no, you can't ever forget that one. :lol::lol:

I won't tell you what we came up with in music classes for EGBDF. The classic one was Every Good Boy Deserves Favor, but I'm afraid that we expounded on that one. :lol::lol:;)

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Well, I learned that EGBDF stood for Every Good Boy Does Fine. Marion, I am shocked, shocked to learn that you expounded on that one!

Art - My husband is a pilot and I used to fly with him. I kept wondering what those letters meant - till I hit the punch line! You old rascal, you! I'll wager you didn't forget those letters! I will make a point to see that my husband reads your post. He learned to fly in 1957 and as a civilian. Things were different by then, I guess. Like VORs. Do people still use those these days? - Marilyn

Here is one for you. Lets see if anyone out there recognizes it. Not war related but, back in the good ole days without it, you would have a whole lot of trouble getting a date for the weekend.

B O G B S

BW BO BG BB BS

OW OG OB OS

GW GB GS

BW BS

SW

chucktoo

SHEEESH !!!

nobody out there worked for Western Electric !-------- or, Ma Bell.