101st Airborne April Lunch

Marion and I attended April 101st lunch,

Tuesday night I talked to Gerorge and told him Marion , the Alger store keeper,Post office owner,Wriiter, Historian of Combat Engineers, Wife of Lee Chards was coming down for the lunch.. Marion picked me up and we went to help George at Finnish Club but when we arrived the tables were all set.. We sang (?) andGeorge prayed to start the meeting. We had a great time. Met Gene Kramer a retired Plymouth school teacher. Marion started to shake, and I took her hand and said Gene will not remember that you were in his class in high school.. We also met Geoff a WW2 buff who seen my name in Wild Bill web.. Don Burgett signed three books for Marion. Don Straith has the cast off his hands. We talked with model air plane builder (I can’t remember names) and he had a great P-38. Now the Raffle. Marion and I were at the lucky table. Our table won so many they were giving some to the other table players. The lunch was very good,, We had Pok Chops (it sounds better leaving the R out) and stuffing,carrors , salad, and brownies with ice cream. George said we may be moving our lunch to some other place, because of cost Next month if you show up here and there is no one around,,We have moved and did not tell you.

Art a long ago air man

Ho were those Pok Chops ? I hope all had a good time !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  101st veteran - Ted Vetland - woodcarver Cadetat6 5 9,659 11-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Last Post: chambers
  9-2005 Michigan 101st Meeting Walt's Daughter 0 3,833 09-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Another 101st grave adopted Cadetat6 0 52,779 04-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Cadetat6
  April 101st Lunch Cadetat6 3 72,115 04-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Jiggersfromsphilly