Original WWII K-Rations

Rocky:-

MRES = "Meals Ready to Eat".

That's the New Army's Answer to Ks and Cs.

My son actually brought back some Cs for me after his

desert maneuvers just a couple of years back

God you must be OLD if all you remember are Ks (YUCK!!!)

Top(Sgtleo) :armata_PDT_23::blink:

Sarge we all get old and forgetful. Overseas ., all I saw was cs' and

later we upgraded to Ks, Had S.O.S. once in a while. 87 come Aug. rocky

Could be worse, you could have been part of the Union Army and eating hard tack and boiled horse meat.....

Could be worse, you could have been part of the Union Army and eating hard tack and boiled horse meat.....

I'M OLD BUT NOT THAT OLD !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M OLD BUT NOT THAT OLD !!!!!!!!!!!!

What the H__l I'm not a teenager myself(LOL).

You only have me by less than 2 years.

Top(Sgtleo) :armata_PDT_37::readingpaper:

What the H__l I'm not a teenager myself(LOL).

You only have me by less than 2 years.

Top(Sgtleo) :armata_PDT_37::readingpaper:

WE ARE STILL HANGING TOUGH, SARGE.

YOU AND I WENT THROUGH A TIME THAT

WILL NEVER BE SEEN AGAIN. DIFFERENCE

IN 0UR AGES DOESN'T MEAN A THING.

thisdogfacesaidit.

I see what I have been missing. It's good to be back, fellas!

Eddie has a leftover mre from desert storm in his basement, defintely not in a climate controlled area. I harped at him about it being a piece of history and he shouldn't keep his stuff in the basement and to get his dad's old combat boots out of the basement. He just looked at me like, wha???

That is a really neat find there Jim. That is definately something that don't usually survive the test of time. How has it been stored these last 65 years? That's pretty cool.

I was looking around on auction.zip earlier today and there is an estate auction next month in a town that is 30 or so miles away. They had a lot of photos of Nazi stuff in it. I was thinking about going but some old bloke with deep pockets and a booth at the local antique store always outbids me on the war stuff.

I didn't really have any extra dough to spend on them, but I've only seen one other box of WWII K-rations (that I can remember) and they are on exhibit in the Ellensburg museum's WWII display. We are a small town, but they really put together a nice "WWII room" that is comprised of several beautiful WWII uniforms that belonged to local men and women who served during WWII. Among them is a WAC uniform in immaculate condition. There is also a picture of another girl who flew airplanes directly from the factories to military bases, as many women did in WWII. I have donated several items to the museum myself. That's one nice thing about living in a small town(thank you John Cougar Mellancamp for putting this feeling to song!).

:woof:

Our veteran's museum in Beckley is busting at the seams. They have more stuff than they have space. They too have a women's uniform on a manequin, he said it was the most coveted uniform in the entire place because it is so rare, they only have the one. Lots of good stuff in that museum, they just need more space to display it all.

heres the link for that auction I was telling you about: http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionv...&category=0

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Original German Poster "Schutzkommando" afc7883 1 5,173 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  JAP SURRENDER FLYER ORIGINAL afc7883 3 5,687 10-10-2006, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Dogdaddy