A couple Items liberated by the 36th Engineers

Here is a couple Items "liberated" by the 36th.The flag is hand stitched and found hanging in an abandoned post office.The braided fringe is gold colored I only know the cap was once worn by an officer.

1.jpg

3.jpg

It's great to be able to see some items from your collection. I know everyone appreciates it.

I'm sure it was satisfying for the men when they grabbed that damned flag!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Those are definitely not the type of collectibles that you put on display in the house.They were put away again after taking the photos. That flag gave me a queasy feeling from just hanging it on the wall to photograph. The wife said to let her know when I took it down so she could go downstairs. My brother knows a little more about this stuff and has the rest of my dad's things

VERY nice items! :clappin2: What makes them even more special is the fact that you have the story behind them dating back to 1945! I know what you mean about the swastika banner. My "Collectables Room" is the first room people see when entering my house. I used to have a big freakin' Nazi flag hanging on one wall, but decided to remove it after getting some odd looks from the Postman when I opened the door to sign for a package . :blush:

After I was given the flag last year, my sister drove me to the Detroit Airport and it dawned on me that I don't have the best of luck in Airports and imagined how bad it would be to have Airport security pull a Nazi flag out in front of God and everyone. Even worse, more than likely it would have been when I was declaring my handgun. I figured that at the very least, I would be assaulted by everyone in sight and hauled off to jail unconscious. :wacko:

I talked my sister into boxing it up and sending it through the mail

the cap is from the german luftwaffe [airforce]

i think luft geschutz [anti aircraft attillery]

greetings bas timmers

Thanks bas timmers. I seem to remember my Dad said that it was Air Force. There was also a dagger that I think he got from the same guy.

Chris

you welkom ;)

best regards bas timmers

Actually, the cap is of an NCO in the Signal unit of the Luftwaffe.

The piping looks orange to me which signifies Nachrichten (Signals).

I used to have a similar cap and a Wehrmacht Officer cap of the Motorized Transport Troops.

But since I don't like nazi stuff in my house (exception will be a German helmet), I traded them for US items.

Erwin

But since I don't like nazi stuff in my house (exception will be a German helmet), I traded them for US items.

Erwin

I did the same thing, with the exception of a few Kriegsmarine documents :woof:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Items: Soldbuchs, ID booklets & Etc. afc7883 8 9,756 05-09-2007, 04:45 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter