My grandpa died today

He fought a tough battle but he passed this afternoon.

Oh Brooke ,

Very sad news .

All my sincere condolences to your family and friends

May he rest in peace.

Respectfully,

Vee

I am sorry to hear that. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

-Todd

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Dearest Brooke:

This was the first thing I saw this morning, and it broke my heart. :armata_PDT_23: I am SO sorry to hear this, and my heart goes out to you and your family.

I know how much you loved and cared for him. It will be very difficult.

:huggybears:

Many hugs,

M1

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

So sorry to hear that.

Please accept our deepest sympathy.

Bianca & Erwin

Brooke, My deepest sympathy to you and family. Your Grandfather is

finally home now with GOD. Rocky

Brooke,

I'm very sad to hear of your loss. You were very blessed to have him in your life, as he was blessed to have someone to care so much about him as you did in his later years.

Darlene

Brooke,

May you find comfort in remembering your Grandpa's good soul and all the tender love & care YOU gave him when he needed it. Now he's certainly in Paradise and sending out his love to you. The Good Lord gave you a very special Grandpa - and he will be yours forever, but He also gave your Grandpa a wonderful granddaughter.

With sincere sympathy,

Mary Ann

Gene Chambers

FAYETTEVILLE — Gene Chambers, 81, died May 14, 2009, at Plateau Medical Center, Oak Hill.

Born Sept. 21, 1927, at Glen Morgan, W.Va., a son of the late Charles Henry Chambers and Lelia Chambers.

Mr. Chambers was a World War II US Korean War Veteran. He was a retired steel worker for Elkem Metals.

He was also preceded in death by two brothers, George Chambers and Sam Chambers; and two sisters, Lucille Adkins and Dorothy Erickson.

Survivors include three brothers, Tom Chambers of Oak Hill, Robert Chambers and his wife, Joyce of Charlotte, N.C. and Howard Chambers of Florida; two sons, Charles Chambers of Oak Hill and Robert Chambers and his wife, Terra of Oak Hill; two daughters, Karen Chambers of Fayetteville, and Kathy Kessinger and husband, Ed of Oak Hill; and seven grandchildren: Toby Branan, Brooke Chambers, Jason Gill, Ashley Chambers, Joseph Chambers, Robert Chambers and Landen Chambers and two great-grandchildren, Tyler Branan and Connor Branan.

A graveside service will be 7 p.m. Monday at the Gethsemane Memorial Gardens, with military rites being conduced by the VFW Post No. 3110 and the American Legion Post No. 149.

Friends may call from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Monday at High Lawn Funeral Home Chapel in Oak Hill.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: Kenneth Shadrick Chapter 156 of the Korean War Veterans Association, 1113 Old Eccles Rd., Beckley, WV 25801.

Arrangements by High Lawn Funeral Home, Oak Hill

*****GENE CHAMBERS**REST IN PEACE*****

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My grandpa's friend is having surgery today 3_7_I_Recon 8 9,572 03-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  It's been a year today since we lost our family's Marine Combat Eng Bill Corwin 2 4,336 08-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter