WWII Engineer Insignia

I thought that I would share with you a few items from my collection of insignia. With this being a forum dedicated to the Engineers, I thought that I would focus on my Engineer items.

The unit crests represents the following units: 21st Engineer Regiment, 116th Engineer Regiment, 2nd Engineer Battalion, and the Engineer School. All of the insignia are of WWII vintage being either a pinback or screwback as fasteners. The officer's castle is also of WWII vintage.

The sea horse patch represents amphibious engineers, and the other patch represents the aviation engineers. This particular patch is the second variation, with the first variation showing a flying bulldozer with soldier with a long barrelled rifle.

Thanks for looking!

post-693-1228168883_thumb.jpg

post-693-1228168927_thumb.jpg

post-693-1228168966_thumb.jpg

post-693-1228169001_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0122.JPG (Size: 50.2 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   DSCF0123.JPG (Size: 60.81 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   DSCF0124.JPG (Size: 58.19 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   DSCF0125.JPG (Size: 61.82 KB / Downloads: 0)
Thanks for sharing those with us. Between all the members, we have quite an impressive collection of pins and patches. Now I just have to appropriately display all of mine. Some day...
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thanks for sharing those with us. Between all the members, we have quite an impressive collection of pins and patches. Now I just have to appropriately display all of mine. Some day...

Michaels Crafts (not sure if you have them in Michigan) has lovely display cases with velvet inside to display items on. I have on with Civil War Era buttons and parts from guns. I want to display my fathers medals, including his good conduct medal, which will make my friends all laugh.

Enjoyed looking at the extensive collection.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into it.
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

The best part is they're reasonable....I like that in a purchase.