WWII Gyrene

I found this link quite by chance !

I like to read it very much

It make me think of you Todd!

http://www.ww2gyrene.org/uniform_blues.htm

Vee

Thanks Vee, it's a great site! I'll have to post a picture of me in my blues (if you think you can handle it!)

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

:armata_PDT_23:

Todd,

Let me know when you're posting the picture so that I can get the tranquilizer dart ready for Vee!!!!

Todd,

Yes Yes !! post a picture of you in your blues (I think I can handle it!) :rolleyes:

If Darlene can get the tranquilizer for me !!

Vee ;)

Yes Yes !! post a picture of you in your blues (I think I can handle it!) :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of me in my blues out here with me. You just have to settle for:

PFC O'Brien (that's a Marine E-2) at Marine Combat Training (done right after boot camp) in 1995. Ladies, try to control yourselves when you see my glasses. Actually there are called Birth Control Glasses for a reason, yes?

Todd%20at%20MCT.jpg

Sgt O'Brien teaching a chemical warefare defense class in 1998 in Okinawa.

scan0004.jpg

2ndLt O'Brien goofing around at The Basic School (6 months of basic officer training after OCS) in 2000.

Toddbo.jpg

And Captain O'Brien in 2006 while at Tanks in my Alphas (Class A's in Army-speak.)

scan0003.jpg

'Fraid you'll have to make due with those!

That's a lot of lettuce on your chest Capt. Lotsa

action, huh? One step back--hand salute, ONE--TWO. this ole doggie is proud of you.

Love the glasses...kinda looks like "When accountants go wild"

Vee...did you know the National Transportation Safety Board considers Tranquiler Darts to be a weapon and won't let them on a plane? I'm afraid that you're on your own.

That's a lot of lettuce on your chest Capt. Lotsa action, huh?

Well, it has been a long trip since that first picture to writing this to you in Iraq. I'd be to nice say that were the case, but alas, it's not so. Several of them are the kind of ribbons that give the viewer an idea how long you've been in and what you've done. For example, I have a National Defense medal with a star. Everyone who has come in since September 11th rates one. As I have two, that indicates that I've been in at least since late 1995 - the stopping point for the last time the were awarding it for Desert Storm (kind of late for DS, don't you think?) I also have a Select Marine Corps Reserve medal which indicates I was in the reserves for at least 4 years. The two I'm most proud of are the Combat Action Ribbon and the Navy Commendation Medal with Combat Distinguishing Device.

One step back--hand salute, ONE--TWO. this ole doggie is proud of you.

Return salute, Thank you, sir! CUT!

post-449-1235281838_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   untitled.JPG (Size: 6.2 KB / Downloads: 0)

And Captain O'Brien in 2006 while at Tanks in my Alphas (Class A's in Army-speak.)

scan0003.jpg

Thank you for sharing your photos!

I like especially this one !

You are a very handsome Marine my Captain !! :rolleyes:

Love the glasses too ... I carried the same one when I had 23 years !! ;)

Vee