The rat trap!!

Here is a photo of rat trap! It is a luring in the shape of rat containing an explosive.

That was used to destroy vehicles by putting it in the middle of the road. Here a site on the elements of sabotage used by the SOE (English secret services) and by resistance:

There are for example false stone !!

http://www.millsgrenades.co.uk/Soe%202.htm

Vee

post-227-1234432862_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   2gybrpj.jpg (Size: 24.51 KB / Downloads: 0)

There is an article in the October/November World War II Magazine that talks about spy and sabotage gadgets. One of the things they showed was a rock that was painted to look like coal. When thrown in with the rest of the coal, it would do bad things to ships and trains when stoked into the boiler.

I guess making fake mice isn't too far off from what the insurgents were doing here at one time. They would put explosives (usually mortar or artillery rounds) in dead animals - and you can stuff a lot in a dead donkey! Then they would detonate it with a command wire or wireless device of some sort. When you got back to the states it took you a while until you got to the point of not eyeing the occasional dead dog or cat with suspicion.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Here's my fave this morning:

Exploding Horse Turd Mine

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Here's my fave this morning:

Exploding Horse Turd Mine

Yes, here is a page with the EHTM: http://www.millsgrenades.co.uk/Soe%202.htm

I would insert the picture, but som of us may have just eaten. Of course it makes sense because where would you often find big horse turds? The middle of the road! You just have to ensure the passing German column doesn't see your wire (or you) prior or after detonation.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien