Prayers for Sarge Leo's Wife

To one and all:-

"Thanks I needed that response".

Top(SgtLeo)

I think many of these "assisted living" places are just out to make $$$.

Also - though there are a great many excellent caregivers, there are also alot who have NO COMMON SENSE and NO DISCERNMENT!

When my Aunt had a brain tumor, I had both hospice & private nursing for her in her home and drove to RI every few days to chk on her.

She had trouble "word finding" because of the tumor and one night she called me & said: "It's not right, Mary. It's not right". I panicked & drove down & called a meeting with Hospice. The coordinator told me my Aunt couldn't have Hospice anymore because she wasn't letting them in the house. I told them "Listen people, my dear Aunt may be 85 with a brain tumor, but I guarantee you she can still out think the lot of us put together. If you folks are coming to her door and not showing some kind of ID - she is NOT gonna let you in. Would

YOU if you were in her place?" That straightened the problem out, but couldn't they have figured it out themselves??

SgtLeo,

I don't know if this will help, but my cousin is in a nursing facility in Stoughton that is fabulous. The staff there has been outstanding and the place is beautiful - like a 5 star hotel. The whole family has been incredibly impressed by their care & kindness. Here's the link in case it may be a help for

you:

http://www.copley-nh.com/

Now, I am right close by in Needham - if there's any grocery shopping or errands I can do, please just say the word. It'd be a privilege.

mary ann

Marion et alia:-

This is one incident that I was involved in at the Assisted Living facility my wife and I were in.

Unfortunately, my wife got her "walker" caught in a bathroom rug as she prepared to shower and took a spill. There are 2 nurses and an LPN there but they CANNOT engage in any "skilled nursing". Fortunately my wife was not seriously hurt but did get a cut on her arm. The LPN put a Band-Aid and some bacetracin on her cut while we waited for the EMT people to take her to the hospital to xray her head on which she had a lump.

When the EMTs arrived, the LPN gave them a dissertation about how she had "medically dressed" my wife's arm to save them time. One of the EMTs who was visibly upset with the LPN said "Lady I can see that you put a Band-Aid and bacetracin on her arm but that is all you did. If you knew what "dressing a wound was - you would know that it is much more complicated than that. Please get out of our way".

Later I talked with the EMT and he told me that they call people like that LPN -People who Like to Play Nurse.

From that day until the day we left, the LPN avoided me like the plague but was NOT smart enough to keep her pie hole shut. She decided to tell the Private Nurses we had the Chapter and the verse of the incident. I have heard from several other agencies dripping with sarcasm of her "Dressing of the Wound". I never mentioned the incident but she opened her mouth to brag and inserted both feet.

Top(Sgtleo)

That EMT should get an award. When a Visiting Nurse removed the staples after my mother's triple bypass, she neglected to put anything on the largest open portion of her leg incision & consequently it opened further and began to bleed heavily. I called the Visiting Nurse (as I'd been instructed to do if we had a problem) , she acted perplexed about what to do and told me she had no supplies - no bandaids, no steri-strips. HUH? A nurse who doesn't have medical supplies - pretty useless. Needless to say, I applied pressure, cut up some bandaids & that worked.

I'm always wary of so called "help" that's supposedly out there from councils, church groups, organizations, and especially GOVERNMENT funded bureaucracies. Most are like that LPN playing Nurse. No help at all.

I'll tell you I saw saw some real crappy healthcare professionals while my grandpa was sick. I can count on one hand the people who were professional and treated my grandpa and us well. That includes doctors, nurses, aides, paramedics, etc.

If you don't think they're taking good care of your loved one don't hesitate to chew their ass and go to a supervisor.

Sarge, even with all this going on, you still have the skill to make me laugh. That is what I love about cha! LPN, Likes Playing Nurse. That is a hoot!

But alas, that is often the truth.

We all shake our heads in wonderment. Why on God's earth should we pay money for care such as this? Should I call it care? I think not. Let's call it careless. :pdt33:

They say they can't do this and they can't do that. But yet, it is okay to send a loved one home with someone with no doctor or nursing skills? Does this make sense?

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell to John Zappitello (36th Eng) and his wife Marguerite Walt's Daughter 6 7,260 07-26-2016, 02:09 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Thoughts and Prayers for Carl Furtado - 36th Engineer Walt's Daughter 13 12,284 02-16-2016, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  Thoughts and Prayers for Harold Whiting and Jim Hennessey Walt's Daughter 1 3,198 04-06-2015, 12:46 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Johnny Thompson - 341st Engineer Walt's Daughter 8 7,814 03-12-2015, 07:43 PM
  Thoughts and Prayers for John Fallon - his wife passed away Walt's Daughter 2 3,548 10-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Last Post: mgjohnson
  Thoughts and prayers for Russ Weiskircher Walt's Daughter 35 29,806 06-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Thoughts and prayers for Chucktoo! Walt's Daughter 8 7,804 02-08-2013, 09:25 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Armonde Casagrande Walt's Daughter 0 2,021 03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Tony Stefanelli Walt's Daughter 0 2,182 09-20-2011, 12:35 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Captain Bob Peniston Walt's Daughter 1 3,678 08-09-2011, 07:29 PM