Prayers for Sarge Leo's Wife

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Frank

Fred: My prayers go with you as usual. I never stopped praying for her and you. Computer crashed a while back. E mail me your address. Joe

Sarge,

Praying for both of you.

mary ann

Notice:-

For anybody that might be interested I just want to let you

know that we have returned home from the "assisted living facility"

due to the fact that my wife needs 24/7 Nursing Care which was

not available there.

Actually the our Dr. advised that we return home and "spend the

days you have(???) there.

Sorry about the sad story but just wanted to vent a little.

TopSgt(Sgtleo) :angry::angry:

Sgt Leo,

Prayed for you & your wife at a Memorial Day Mass for Veterans and their families.

What you are going through must be beyond endurance. My heart goes out to you both.

My friend Julie's mother had ALS and they had a signal between them of making circles in the air with a finger - it meant: "Circling the Airport waiting for a runway to open."

I'll keep praying that the Lord will open up a runway Home for her.

mary ann

SGTLEO;

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH. AS I LOST MY WIFE

2 1/2 YRS AGO. MY PRAYERS GO WITH YOU AND YOUR WIFE. Rocky

Hi Sgt Leo, so sorry to hear about your dear wife's condition. It is never easy to see a loved one ill.

lots of hugs to you both,

Brooke

Hello Sgt. Leo,

My prayers are with you and your dear wife.

God Bless both of you.

Jim

Dear sgtLeo: I wanted to let you know how my heart aches for you.

My best to your dear wife.

You have my thoughts and prayers, too sgtLeo.

Many Hugs,

Vee

Dear Sarge:

Exasperating n'est pas? You take your dear wife for care, and she doesn't get it? What is wrong with that scenario.

I know you will appreciate this story, and I can see you shaking your head already.

Last year we moved Lee's mother from an assisted living facility down state to one closer to us up north. That facility was great, and had two levels of care; basic assisted living with your own apartments (or shared), then the advanced care for severe cases of dementia etc. Lee's mom's Alzheimers was advancing, and she would need more care than when she initially moved into the facility. But, we didn't want her to remain there for two reasons - 1)Several of us were now living up north, and 2)The cost of moving her from one level to the next level was astounding. It was going to wind up being almost 8,000.00 per month! :wacko: OUCH!

So we looked around near us and finally found a place very close, which was suitable and would offer full-time assistance. Long story short; she is still there, but we almost had to find another facility. WHY? Because one of the health care professionals informed us that mom slapped someone, and they didn't deal with that kind of behavior. Told us we may have to move her to a different care center! WHAT???

This place handles full-blown alz and dementia patients. We toured the facility, talked with various care-takers, etc., etc., then we are told this. We were furious as you can well imagine. Of course we set up a meeting and told them what the one gal had stated to us. We said mom would not be moved again, and she was remaining with them until the end. Explained that mom had never done anything like that before, but heck she has Alz and you never know what they will do from one day to the next. Hey deal with it; ain't that supposed to be what you do? We were frustrated.

In the long run it worked out for us, but there were several weeks of touch and go. :angry: Utter stupidity!

My thoughts and prayers are with you as always. I wish I could fly down and assist, but alas I cannot. So instead I send my love and many hugs your way.

:Pooh3:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell to John Zappitello (36th Eng) and his wife Marguerite Walt's Daughter 6 7,076 07-26-2016, 02:09 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Thoughts and Prayers for Carl Furtado - 36th Engineer Walt's Daughter 13 12,026 02-16-2016, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  Thoughts and Prayers for Harold Whiting and Jim Hennessey Walt's Daughter 1 3,138 04-06-2015, 12:46 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Johnny Thompson - 341st Engineer Walt's Daughter 8 7,654 03-12-2015, 07:43 PM
  Thoughts and Prayers for John Fallon - his wife passed away Walt's Daughter 2 3,487 10-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Last Post: mgjohnson
  Thoughts and prayers for Russ Weiskircher Walt's Daughter 35 29,255 06-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Thoughts and prayers for Chucktoo! Walt's Daughter 8 7,659 02-08-2013, 09:25 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Armonde Casagrande Walt's Daughter 0 1,993 03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Tony Stefanelli Walt's Daughter 0 2,158 09-20-2011, 12:35 AM
  Thoughts and prayers for Captain Bob Peniston Walt's Daughter 1 3,629 08-09-2011, 07:29 PM